Freedom of Religion: Aztecs

It's not like the spanish destroyed the aztecs due to some moral outrage for the human sacrifices. They just wanted more treasure and loot.

Yeah but like people need to let go and loosen up a bit. Have some fun. Like this is obviously supposed to be a non serious thread as proposed by Zard, otherwise it would be RD.

And his OP can really only be admired and understood by true civ fans who have actually played the game, make jokes about Monty. The magic of the internet has truly died if I now have to explain all of this to younger generations 😢.

Bashar Al Assad basically sacrifices his own people via nerve gas and everyone approves America bombing the crap out of him with tomahawk missiles. Everyone approves cause with gas it's a "war crime".
We were able to count a few recent atrocities that have been ignored, because they were internal matters. But I don't think we discussed other invasions done by other Imperial powers, recently

Look all I'm saying is that if the Aztecs still had a sovereign state (based around Zard's presumptions) yet they ended up supporting Putin, you wouldn't bat an eye if America invaded them for "freedom".

Yet if somehow they did nothing but sacrifice their own people all day and America then invades, then you guys lose your s*** and call it American imperialism!
Nobody has invaded any of the few countries that support Putin. No one on this forum has suggested doing so.

Which countries are currently committing internal atrocities and are actively supporting Russia's invasion? I bet the apathy for the people in those countries is pretty strong here.

Calling on my debate opponents to condemn an endless stream of alt history timelines I just made up. When will they stop defending the violent expansionism of the Neo-Sassanid Empire into the peaceful lands of the Cyber Harappans.

Look all I'm saying is that if the Aztecs still had a sovereign state (based around Zard's presumptions) yet they ended up supporting Putin, you wouldn't bat an eye if America invaded them for "freedom".

Iran, China, Syria, North Korea, Belarus, and Kazakhstan.

I don't detect much of a call to help 'liberate' these people, with the side-effect of actually wanting to hinder Putin.

I don't detect much of a call to help 'liberate' these people, with the side-effect of actually wanting to hinder Putin.

Normal Americans might not care, they are mostly centrists and therefore pragmatists. However those of the left leaning persuasion might desire these state's destruction while at the same time condemning the right for their own preferred states in which they very much want destroyed.

Fifteen years ago people on this forum would be rooting for the Spanish or making jokes about Montezuma using nukes in the modern era in Civ4! Everyone's too woke now! That's why this forum is dying, it's being replaced by a Marxist/post-modernist crowd who no longer care about the game we all grew up on. These people just don't no what fun is anymore. These Marxists are destroying all leisure activities in modern America and the West and making politically correct mountains out of every mole hill! It's why we are now so divided today, yet everyone's too afraid to call them out for what they are clearly trying to do! Ruin all fun to make life miserable so they can have a better try at converting others to their extremist beliefs!
I was here 15 years ago and you have it wrong. Yes, OT was different back then, but so were the posters and the issues everyone faced in their personal lives and in the world. The nature of the extremist views has also changed to more reflect those of the larger population. It is clear to me that the political changes that have happened over the past 20 years are not to your liking; at least not those that point to the left. I don't see what or how leftists are ruining anyone's fun. What fun things did you (or your parents) used to do that you cannot do now?

As they have been doing for the past few thousand years, the old ways of thinking and doing are constantly being replaced by different and usually newer ways of thinking and doing. When I was growing up, my dad taught me shoot but he only had one rifle and two shotguns. Nowadays, folks have a huge assortment of weapons available for a fun afternoon at the range. Change is coming so fast that adapting to it can be difficult. My god, have you seen what kinds of stuff GenZ is into? Total garbage, I'm sure.

The OP does include the sacrifice, that's right, but uh there have been ten pages (at least) since then, so I'm sorry for missing what you obviously intended to be 100% aligned with Zardnaar's original scenario with no changes . . . except for all the changes you added to fit your weird "woke people suck" agenda. Okay :D

(also the OP says nothing about a monarchy. I mean sure it's pretty similar but there's probably another page or two of a tangent based on that alone - certainly no requirement that they had to keep it exactly as they had it hundreds of years ago)

No, I was trying to understand your seemingly random self-insert about the invasion of Ukraine by Russia. In hindsight, it looks like a pretty poor attempt at making this thread about a completely different thread entirely. "what if this theoretical country did some things that people agreed or disagreed with based on political positions held".

Man, what if. Imagine that. A country doing something I agreed with, or a country doing something I didn't agree with. Definitely not something that happens literally every day, all the time.

What argument? :D

I don't need to disprove stuff that isn't even evidenced in the first place. If you want to have a fever dream, you can go ahead and do that, but nobody has to take it seriously - especially if you're just going to reply with word salads and clown emoji :D

This the differences were the sacrifices are internal iebthey don't raid the USA or anyone else and I didn't specify their government form.

Yeah but like people need to let go and loosen up a bit. Have some fun. Like this is obviously supposed to be a non serious thread as proposed by Zard, otherwise it would be RD.

And his OP can really only be admired and understood by true civ fans who have actually played the game, make jokes about Monty. The magic of the internet has truly died if I now have to explain all of this to younger generations 😢.

It's Ghandis nukes I fear.

I do think we have less conservative active members than we used to. While I think it would be nice to have more of a balance I wouldn’t go as far as to say it’s why the forum is dying. People just aren’t as interested in Internet forums as they used to be. And I think the forum is holding on about the same as it was several years ago.

You're making a pretty dumb assumption here.
Yet if somehow they did nothing but sacrifice their own people all day and America then invades, then you guys lose your s*** and call it American imperialism!
So your grand attack on "woke" people is "how dare you have different opinions on foreign policy if the country does different things". Amazing.

Invading other countries because they need "civilising" is textbook imperialism buddy. And nobody is saying "invade Russia" (or whatever magical allies they have in this made-up scenario).

If you want to gotcha a political demographic you disagree with, get a better understanding of them than tropes from FOX News :D
"haha it's a joke, I'm joking, why don't people get the joke"

(also that's not what RD means. A thread can be serious and not RD)

been offline for a few days. why're we talking invading russian satellites?

like i get i speculated about liberalist invasions myself earlier, but i don't understand as to why this particularly entails the question of putin

the idea that the west wants to burn down russia is pretty much just russian paranoia. it will not make our burgers cheaper, so we won't

why am i even talking about this

You're making a pretty dumb assumption here.

So your grand attack on "woke" people is "how dare you have different opinions on foreign policy if the country does different things". Amazing.

Invading other countries because they need "civilising" is textbook imperialism buddy. And nobody is saying "invade Russia" (or whatever magical allies they have in this made-up scenario).

If you want to gotcha a political demographic you disagree with, get a better understanding of them than tropes from FOX News :D

"haha it's a joke, I'm joking, why don't people get the joke"

(also that's not what RD means. A thread can be serious and not RD)

Heh no one invaded Khmer Rouge and they were worse than Aztecs.

Well Vietnam eventually did not sure if it was for humanitarian reasons and for once Commies were an improvement over who they invaded.

(in industrial and modern times) Things would have been more balanced, geopolitically, if there had been a strong native american civ around. Or maybe it would have made north America isolated (like South America largely is, despite not being majority native either). Europe having almost all the main powers wouldn't be much of an improvement, if at all.

Top Bottom