1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Freeze nifs

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by achilleszero, Jul 1, 2009.

1. achilleszero

achilleszero Emperor

Does anybody know how to create the freeze animation nifs like the ones that come with the vanilla units? I need to make them for several units for a graphics lite version of a mod.

2. The_Coyote

The_Coyote Emperor

3. achilleszero

achilleszero Emperor

Thanks, I never followed those threads to the end so I see I missed the discussion. Doesnt seem to be a quick and painless (easy) way to do it. Will have to experiment with your suggestions.

4. The_Coyote

The_Coyote Emperor

small update, imported the vanilla warrior and the fortify idle animation, if necessary parent again the armature and the mesh, go to the animation window and select frame one (the warrior should have this pose)

go to editing (F9) - under modifier there should something be written like Armature parent deforamtion: make real (if not :confused: - i had it and it´s the key here); press make real and afterwards apply, now delete the armature and you will se the mesh still holds this position and is not reseted
    (now only the unrigged weapon must be positionated correct)

export the mesh not stripified, without skinpartition, shader textures and copy it in a 'master' freeze nif

now it seems almost human (beside the weapon)