1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Freezing

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Legends of Revolution' started by Tambien, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Tambien

Tambien Theseus, Duke of Athens

I am playing a game in the Industrial Era right now, and it will just randomly freeze every few turns.

I have Windows 7 2GB RAM, and 250GB HDD

2. Joey9

Joey9 Chieftain

Hi Tambien!

Did you check the main-thread already?
    I think hardware-concerns have been discussed there early on...

As far as I remember 2 GB RAM is not really sufficient for later game periods (or bigger maps)... but I could be wrong.
    Safe side refering to hardware should be a 64-bit operating system with 4GB or more RAM.

I think LoR is not as resource-hungry and more stable than most other mods are.

3. Spirictum

Spirictum Immortal

I've been playing LoR for a long time with a 32-bit XP. In this case, a Huge Map game was almost impossible to get after the Renaissance Era. In Large the problem only got annoying in the Modern Era.

I got a win 7 2GB starter 32-bit. Same issues, no good at all. The most annoying problem was the MAF (Memory Allocation Failure).

Then I upgraded my win 7 to professional 64-bit 6GB. No problems anymore. It seems MAF only happens on 32-bit OS, so change to 64-bit at once. If you have a 64-bit with only 2GB, you really need more memory to get your chariot moving like a Stealth Bomber.