French Aggro Strategy For Deity

LordTC

Warlord
Social Policy Order:

1. Honor
2. Great General (This guy accompanies an early warrior rush which IMHO is absurd, making the warrior rush far more consistent->I've sucessfully rushed from 8 turns of movement away (12 tiles) against a city with a good defensive positioning and vs opponents having a total of 10 warriors + 3 spears to my 1 spear (hut) and 4 warriors.
3. Double Experience
4. Discipline

Rest varies from game to game.

Build Order:
1. Warrior
2. Warrior
3. Warrior
4. Warrior

Rest varies from game to game

Tech-Order:
Varies a lot from game to game.. I typically go animal husbandry first and if I don't have
easy access to horses I play for swords.. if I have easy access to horses then I plan for horsemen
being my next offensive plan. I don't find it to be a big deal to lose the value of the warriors after the early rush since their main value is capturing an enemy city and some workers. They typically need to use the promotions for healing so its not like they are great long term units (if you promote twice and use both for heals in the course of taking an enemy down you've basically lost out on two levels and now your promotions come slower).

I just did this last night. I will have to post a save. Funny timing :)

That is why I made my Askia post saying France culture can be much more important earlier game than Askia's later culture from his UB.

Under Ideal circumstances or using every trick in the book one can safetly bucket culture, but France allows using the first couple buckets on the fly and early, a chance Askia does not have.

A GG and discipline in honor got me 2 chinese cities with one lost warrior.
4 of their warriors destroyed,
2 cities gained. China also finished pyramids just in time, go deity AI.
2 workers gained
5 remaining warriors all were able to take real promotions, not insta-heal promotions.

Tonight I will just continue rolling supplemented by horses china gave me.

Attachments

• After the Update V.Civ5Save
    577 KB · Views: 61
Top Bottom