French attack in 1939

Skibbi

Prince
I found that as I was busy dealing with Poland, the French attacked me, which I know happened in real life but it was incredlibly short. Could Germany have a few pillboxes (when they come) built near the French-German border (i.e Seigfreid line).
And I suppose the atlantic wall will be a project that places 1 tile off coastal tiles to make a landing possible.

I found that as I was busy dealing with Poland, the French attacked me, which I know happened in real life but it was incredlibly short. Could Germany have a few pillboxes (when they come) built near the French-German border (i.e Seigfreid line).
And I suppose the atlantic wall will be a project that places 1 tile off coastal tiles to make a landing possible.

This fact of the matter was, if France and Britain put there hearts into it, they could have been at Berlin in 5 weeks. The horribly understeghted Seigfreid line would not have held long. As a German player, you have to stomp the Poles quickly and get those troops to the Western front ASAP.

True indeed, but Poland is very hard to crush!

No I think there easy to beat. All you have to do is send all your infantry/light tanks/bombers to Poland and leave all your heavy tanks/fighters to hold off France and England when they come. Plus the Soviets come in a few turns not to mention Poland's units only defend Warsaw anyway all the other cities are easy to take.

I always have problems with invading England, Poland and Greece! Can't bring myself to do it.

Just blitz for Warsaw from Danzig with everything you have, poland will fall in 2-3 turns at the latest even on Deity...

Same goes for France, try to capture Paris asap. When cut of supply line happens to often and cannot be easily obtained, then just conquer a weaker city before to ensure reinforcements for sieging units around Paris. shouldn't take more then 10-20 rounds to finish France of...

When playing without scripted events of course you have to adapt: just stop them with fortified infantry and push hard with experienced tanks. Try to cut of supply lines. Don't mess with bombers, allied air force is at least 3 times stronger than yours. Will take you 50 rounds to compete with them, so just try to intercept their bombers with some fighters. Use your Bombers to blitz for Norway together with some paras...

Top Bottom