French Foreign Legionary

@ snipperrabbit - We don't really have alps. We have one main mountain range but it's not very tall. Most of Australia is covered in desert :p

@ asio - I can make a Desert Rat :D Are you planning on having Australia as a new civ, minor nation or just a new unit for one of the other countries?

Also I had a look at the Visa thread but couldn't find any screenshots of the leaderheads. Are they animated or static?

I think as another nation :) mostly i would copy British and US stuff as Australian warfare - wich is almost true (and capabilities to build - for example i can't restrict that Australia won't produce Jets - it would be made that Australia can build it (and it would be probable british de havilland vampire), but tech progress and speed doesn't allow to build them as first country or even begin production before end of scenario) + some units unique for this country - like desert rats and Chevrole WA. Do you know any other characteristical units?

If you think that Owen Gun suits better for Dessert Rats I think i can make it :) (or make it on your own - as you wish :))

ViSa has animated Leaderheads - it's great mod - i don't play Warlords anymore since i can play ViSa :)

Hmm can't think of any more WW2 UU for Australia atm. The Owen gun would be a cool addition but I think the Sten will be ok, and it will save some work :p
I'll try to think of some useful stuff for you.

Also, about the Australian Tobruk Rat - what colours should his uniform be? I could only find black and white photographs but I was thinking a tan top with brown trousers, sort of camouflaged like would suit him. What do you reckon?

I'll search today for cloths - i can't find good pic now (not many and all black and white) but it seems all have this yellow/tan collor for all cloths. I don't know

and also they can carry hat instead of helmet.

I'll search today in books

What about some other Foreign Legions being represented? I reject this notion of France having any ability to brag by pointing out that unlike Poland, a country with fewer modern resources, France did have hope of repelling Germany but squandered it to the point that they were occupied.

Healz said:
What about some other Foreign Legions being represented? I reject this notion of France having any ability to brag by pointing out that unlike Poland, a country with fewer modern resources, France did have hope of repelling Germany but squandered it to the point that they were occupied.

The Foreign Legion of France is the most widely known one, which is mainly why I made it. You could make some other legionaries if you like.

@ asio - There's a hat on the American Infantry that someone made, which I could use. I'll have to use the marine body, or one that works with the marine animations though, and I'll make their uniform all tan?

Wait till tomorrow - i search afternoon @ home - maybe i'll find some color pics - but yes i think it should be this way - marine - with tan shirt and (if possible) with short tan trousers and brown socks - and with head from cavalry or infantry you mentioned.

I know it is the most well known but comeon this is Civilization IV which tends to attract those that know their history better than average...

Hi ,

a famas versus mp 40 , .... ;)

what about a few new legion units , .... :confused:

pics can be provided

Have a nice day :)

Hey mate, that's a nice unit, well done =)
Does someone know how to add it as a seconde unique unit for France that would replace for example the paratrooper, or simply as a whole new unit =) ?
My question might seem stupid, but really I have no idea :/
Cheers guys (and sorry for my english, I'm French)

You do realize you have made the unit dressed up in parade clothing, right?

The legion's campaign uniform is undistiguinsable from the rest of the french army.

EDIT:Oh someboy has already said so. Should have read the front page before posting.

Top Bottom