French Marine - 2/8/2008

I like a lot Fidget animation. It`s great !

If I`m not mistaken you`ve used the DAZ Michael 3 model. Is he taller than the Paperdoll or it just seems so ?

That's superb.. now i don't understand, how we even managed withouit it ;)

He's almost perfect, I just have two critics (it wouldn't be me if I hadn't something to criticize, would it?).

1)The bayonnet attack is a bit strange, I wonder if anyone would thrust with the rifle so high, already shouldered. I understand it goes smoother after the shoot animation, but it looks a bit strange.

2) For the salute in the fidget, it seems he has the hand flat (horizontal), which is the American way to salute. The French salute is done with the hand vertical, thumb down, the palm showing toward the person you salute.

But anyway, I'm very pleased to add him to my mod right now

I have to agree with the bayonet attack...it looks like it would hurt, but the "Force" of the attack is not there...I might suggest a pikeman type attack...

didnt know about the salute...

otherwise its a great unit...I really like the walk, I wish more of our units had that option

Beautiful unit, NavyDawg! Great to see more stuff from you!

Very nice unit.

Thanks for the comments all.

@ Steph, I'm glad he's close to what you were looking for.
1. I will try to make an alternate bayonet attack with the rifle dropped down from the shoulder. I kind of figured in close combat, you would stab from the shouldered position due to time constraints. However, the other way may look better. I'll see what I can do.;)
2. I suppose that is a function of myself learning rifle drill from a U.S. Marine Corps DI. I didn't know the French salute was different. Would you like this to be remade?

@ Ares, sure, I can make a generic version. Any thoughts on uniform or headgear?

@ Sandris, yes, I used M3 for this unit. His proportions are different than the PDM, so in a standard frame he will appear to be taller. I squished my main camera settings, so he should be scaled pretty closely to paperdoll units.

Well, just another headgear (soft cover of some sort) and civ color would suffice, I think.

@ Steph, I'm glad he's close to what you were looking for.
1. I will try to make an alternate bayonet attack with the rifle dropped down from the shoulder. I kind of figured in close combat, you would stab from the shouldered position due to time constraints. However, the other way may look better. I'll see what I can do.;)
Well, I've never seen any example of using the bayonet like that, you push from your body center of mass, ie the belly, that's what give you the most power. And you also aim at the other guy belly, which is easier to hit than the head.

2. I suppose that is a function of myself learning rifle drill from a U.S. Marine Corps DI. I didn't know the French salute was different. Would you like this to be remade?
I knew the drill of the US marine was lacking ;). It's not a big deal, I noticed because I know it, but it doesn't look strange, whereas the bayonet looks strange.

Nice job on another unit. Sandris Michaels proportions are not optimized for unit making like the paperdoll. I learned about the difference of other countries salutes and the reason behind it. Both the English and French show their palms rendering the salute.

Top Bottom