1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

French UHV Condition Issue

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' started by Tomorrow's Dawn, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Tomorrow's Dawn

Tomorrow's Dawn Heroes Never Die

So I am having an issue with fulfilling the first French UHV Condition.
    I am unable to fulfill it despite Paris being displayed as having the most culture in the world/top city in the Top 5 List.
    There was one city that came before with greater culture (Delhi) but I seized the city and gifted it to the Persians.
    After using that Great Artist, the culture of Paris gets to around 8000-9000 Culture, with its closest competitors,
    (Ninua & Beijing) trailing behind at 5000 or so.
    Now this is the last save that I made, a couple turns before 1700 AD so I could figure out what was going wrong.
    I even opened up Worldbuilder to make sure there wasn't any city in the world with greater culture than Paris.
    There isn't as far as I know but I could still be missing something.

Is there something wrong? If someone could kindly check out the save and tell me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Qalled

Qalled Chieftain

Hi, mabye Niwt-Rst got a great artist just before 1700 and used it for culture, because at the point of your save the city has more culture then Paris.

3. Tomorrow's Dawn

Is that the case? Well, I shall try reloading to an earlier save and see if I can avert that then.

Thank you very much!

4. Tomorrow's Dawn

Okay, I did a double-take and made ascertain that Niwt-Rst was no longer in Egyptian hands before 1700AD. However, the problem still comes up. I have entered World Builder and also made ascertain that Paris has the highest culture in the world.

Would somebody be so kind as to tell me what is wrong?
    Perhaps the Culture rating of Paris has to sit in the quintuple digits?

Attached Files:

5. Wessel V1

Wessel V1 Chieftain

I can't look at your save right now but are you sure that you've built Paris at the correct spot? The UHV is location-based so it must be the very spot you were put initially.

6. Tomorrow's Dawn

Yes, Paris was settled right on the spot.

7. killerkebab

killerkebab Chieftain

Don't use the top5 cities screen. Go to victory conditions (the one that looks like a fist) and see if Paris has highest under 'cultural victory'.

Also, if I remember correctly, historical victory conditions are only triggered on the following turn, so try playing to 1703 :)

8. Tyo

Tyo HANDS HIGH TO THE SOUND Moderator

Seems like a legitamite bug. I dunno what it could be, I even razed Ninua in your game to be sure.

9. Tomorrow's Dawn

Paris is still the highest under the Cultural Victory.
    Each time I have passed 1700AD, the UHV grays out because I have failed even though Paris has the highest culture in the world.

At this point, it really does seem like a bug.

10. Soda

Soda Chieftain

Delhi has more culture. Regardless of what Worldbuilder seems to think, conquering a city doesn't reset its culture to zero.

11. Tomorrow's Dawn

Thank you so much!

I suppose I'll rewind a bit and just...raze the city, giving me that nasty diplomatic penalty but if anyone's in good shape to take that sort of hit, it's France right?

12. Tomorrow's Dawn

Razing Delhi to the ground worked.

Thank you all for the assistance!