French Vanilla: the Sweet Taste of Sovereignty

GHalfrunt

Just zis guy, you know?
There was a terrible silence. There was a terrible noise. There was a terrible silence.

A rift had opened in space and time, and taken with it 18 groups of unskilled and confused people from modern Earth. In unceremoniously plunked them down in the wilderness of a world much like their own had been thousands of years earlier. This is the story of one of those groups: the Quebecois.

French Vanilla: the Sweet Taste of Sovereignty
by GHalfrunt
COMING SOON TO A FORUM NEAR YOU!

The setting of this story will be my own slightly tweaked Earth 18 Civs (as seen in my Easter Island story), and I will play as the French, transplanted into North America to instead fulfill the fantasy of generations of frustrated Francophones: an independent Quebec.

I also made my own tweaked Earth18 Scenario for playing as quebec. However I used the Canada civ instead of France. I made some little other balance adjustments in the map too, its designed for world domination. For instance there is an Ice bridge between alaska and russia :mwaha:

I also added quebec some starting ressources, since i live here i made it accurately. Corn and fish in the starting region. And copper in the north, to simulate the Abitibi region, which is mineral rich.

I posted before Yoshi!!! I can't believe it! But he'd not be happy with dem French Canadians...

French Canadians, English Canadians, they're all the same: less epic than their southern neighbors. :p

subbed

I also made my own tweaked Earth18 Scenario for playing as quebec. However I used the Canada civ instead of France. I made some little other balance adjustments in the map too, its designed for world domination. For instance there is an Ice bridge between alaska and russia :mwaha:

I also added quebec some starting ressources, since i live here i made it accurately. Corn and fish in the starting region. And copper in the north, to simulate the Abitibi region, which is mineral rich.

I would suggest adding Pork in the south and iron in the far north...

Oh, sacraments and tabernacles... or... whatever crazy curse phrases people use up there :snowlaugh:

Oh, sacraments and tabernacles... or... whatever crazy curse phrases people use up there :snowlaugh:

Maudit sacrament d'calisse de viarge du criss du st-ciboire! Kossé ça!!

Yeah... all this stuff takes a good part of the urban dictionary. :lol:

" This was very vulgar, you will go in hell if you try to repeat it "

To me, this story will only be good if he says 'poutine' at least twice every update:D:D

subbed.

The story isn't quite starting yet, but I am going to set it up and show you the rules. I did some WikiResearch (tm) again to prepare for this, and have settled on the following for myself...

RFC-style Historical Goals:
- Acadian Diaspora: Construct New Orleans in its historical location and do not lose it, or Portland, to anyone, especially America or England.
- Alcan Headquarters: Control at least 3 sources of Aluminum in 1900.
- No, no, the Other Notre Dame (a.k.a., Deliberately Misunderstanding What the Game Designers Meant): Build Notre Dame in Montreal.

Because those goals are much easier than any actual RFC goals, I will also have the self-imposed rule of never trading with the damned English under any circumstances.

Here is our starting location.
Spoiler :

The default copper resource on the map has been moved one tile south and gold was added to the original tile to represent the deposits of both metals in the Abitibi gold belt region. Additional copper was added to the far north for the newer copper and nickel operations in Nunavik. Wine was added to the tile I live on IRL to reflect the Finger Lakes and Niagara Peninsula vineyards because eastern North America needs more luxury resources, damn it!

I placed Montreal and Portland (Maine) as Barbarian cities to get around the limit on closeness of cities because (1) MONTREAL IS AWESOME and (2) New England in general and Maine in particular have historically had a huge Acadian population, as well as attracting lots of immigrants from Quebec (when my parents moved to New Hampshire in the 1980s, lots of businesses, even at the southern end of the state, still had "On parle français" signs). Maine currently has either the largest percentage of French-speakers in the U.S. or second-largest after Louisiana. I don't remember and don't feel like looking it up.

More observant readers will also notice: this is clearly the Mac version. I was playing BTS on Windows, which is why I can't play it even with that "play without the disc" patch... I do not have BTS for Mac. Embarrassingly, I did not know it had come out until a few weeks ago. Usually having access to Girlfriend's computer, I have not attempted to buy it.

Anyway, so... Turn 1! Hurrah!

Spoiler :

I accidentally put myself in contact with Egypt by misclicking in Worldbuilder... (Why does it default back to Egypt every time you switch to a player-specific tab?!) And obviously I was in contact with England from the beginning because I'm France. I'm starting with Animal Husbandry and a warrior because I find myself next to pigs and barbarians, so it seems like a reasonable start. I'll start on another warrior, I think, then switch to a worker once Quebec grows. Seeing as Montreal and Portland will probably culture-flip to me quickly, I'm wondering if maybe I should place some more barbarian cities out in the wilderness or pump up America with some extra starting units or something so I don't start with an absolutely insane advantage.

So without further delay, let's start... after a little more delay!

You edited your scnenario with WB?! I dont know how its possible, to make mine i had to use text editor :p

Also, Val-d'or south of Quebec?! :eek:
In my scenario I skipped montreal, there 's just not enough room imo.
Ahh, well... its hard to be accurate with those cramped Civ maps. Good luck with the game :D
(Quebec city is where i live btw, founded in 1608, one of the oldest city in N.America. We also have the oldest ( still existing ) school in N.america (iirc). The "Petit Séminaire de Québec" = " The small seminary of Quebec", Which is where i studied :smug: )

Top Bottom