Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

So i let the installer finish despite the error, it finished. Booted into game, reloaded into BAT, it was in the upper corner. Started a new game and can't tell a difference. Any ideas? Thank you agin.

You did not do what Lemon told you to do. She said the installer does not work on Steam installs. She said that you should download the zip file of BAT and unzip it in the mods folder INSTEAD of using the installer.

Hmm, OK, I guess I misunderstood. OK, I ran the uninstaller, deleted the 4.1 mod folder from the mods folder. Took the zip file and unzipped it to the mods folder, it put it down 2 levels and does not work. So I thought I saw somewhere to make the mod installs in the mod folder, so I moved all the contents up one level underneath the 1st BAT 4.1 mod. Went into BTS, advanced, loaded a mod, loaded BAT, started a new game. Don't see anything. Where am I wrong?

Your BAT path should look like this:

BAT Location.JPG

Unzip the mod into the file path circled in red in the picture above and it should work. I have a Steam version now and it works fine like this.

I'm still missing something, I apologize for any frustration. So I went and into program files 86 > steam > etc and deleted the bad mod 4.1 folder from that mod folder. Then I moved it into the file tree shown above. When I used 7 Zip , it put it in the mods folder under BAT 4.1 then it put it one more down in another 4.1 folder. Is that ok? I loaded up the game through the steam app, tried loading the BAT mod, didn't see anythign on the game. I'm not sure what I'm missing here. Thank you.

All, thank you again for your patience. I didn't realize I left a copy of BAT in the steam > steamapps > etc > etc folder. Deleting BAT from there and the my games folder listed above, then re-extracting worked. Thank you.

Hi,

Quick question: I have better bat ai installed so I don't have to install each mod individually. Only thing is, I would like to disable the blue marble part of the mod. Can anyone explain how I do this?

Only thing is, I would like to disable the blue marble part of the mod. Can anyone explain how I do this?

You need to remove the Blue Marble fpk file from the mod's Assets folder. Its filename is probably "BM_v4.50_HI.fpk" or something like that.

I trued that but it doesn't work. But I don't even know for sure that it's installed at all. Like I followed the instructions but it doesn't seem to work. Could it be because I'm using Linux?

How do I tell if the mod is installed?
I don't know anything abouy Linux but with both Windows and Mac, if BUG is installed you should see a button of a bug head in the upper left of the main screen next to the button to list messages.

Assuming BUG is installed, but Alt-X does nothing, click on the BUG button and find the BUG screen where there is an option to place the crosses and make sure it is on.

Just in case there is a misunderstanding, Alt-X makes the option active, if it is on in BUG. In the upper left you will see a panel of colors. Click on the one you want to use, then click on the tiles where you want the markers. You can change colors as you go, if you like. If you want to remove a marker, Cntrl-click it. Once you are done, Alt-X turns off the option. Cntrl-X to remove a marker also turns the marking option off, so you need to turn it back on if you are not done. Once you turn it off you will not see the markers unless you have turned on the view option for them, which is a toggle using Cntrl-X (or Apple-X on a Mac).

Top Bottom