Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Silly question...you're not hitting the 'back' button, are you?

Edit: You might want to try clearing your cache, see if that clears it up.
No back button. :D

I can't clear the cache tho - i've got important stuff stored there from other sites.

Anyway - i guess i'll just hope this problem will disapear just as it appeared - for no aparent reason. :crazyeye:

:)

Am I the only one who accidentally turned on instant email notification for a horribly active thread and had their inbox flooded? :lol:

Dang. Wait, three minutes?!?!? Stop stalking me!

Only two minutes for your reply ;)

Edit: Dang, really should have waited another two minutes to post this...

I check my subscribed threads when I'm bored.
I think this is the fasted thread outside OT.

O...T... :twitch:

How many points would a "serious" infraction be? That makes it never expire?

Serious infractions that never expire are rarely seen outside of spamming advertisers. Right now, Minor (1 point) infractions expire in 20 days. Regular (2 point) infractions expire in 30, and Major (3 point) infractions expire in 35 days.

Any kind of permanent points would be a special case, and more of a one-off than a guideline or standard. Aside from spamming adverts.

For example trying to knock down the server with a robot? But then that'd get you banned, I suppose.

(I'm not planning anything -- Honest!)

Since there's no thread for it yet, I just want it to be known that this new notice thing is a great idea :)

The Rules said:
In addition, you can use Easy Upload to upload bigger files to the file server.

Wasn't that disabled a while ago?

This isn't a question, more of a tech glitch and I didn't want to start a new thread:

The download link for the Civ IV demo doesn't seem to work:

This is the page for the Demo
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=9

and this is the specific link:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=9&act=down

I originally thought it was just a server thing, but all of the other downloads work so...

Edit: it would appear that the download link is linked to the 2kgames download link which is the one not working.

You're right, it looks like the 2K Games site is not working. Not sure if that is temporary or a permanent broken link...I will try to keep an eye on it.

For some alternative, safe download mirrors you can check the bottom of this page. Enjoy the demo, Moss. ;)

Why is this called the FAQ thread? Only the first page's questions are frequently asked.

Because that question has been asked 7 times in this thread, making it "frequently asked" ;)

seriously though, I don't know. Most websites call this sort of q/a thing an FAQ in my experience.

Top Bottom