1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Friendly Demands

Discussion in 'Strategy Forum' started by pba, May 19, 2012.

1. pba

pba Chieftain

Just wondering if there is a possibility to demand Gold/GPT/Goods from friendly (not afraid) when a DoF is in place.

If yes :

- Does it have a penalty (like arrogant demand) when the demand suceeds/fails
    - Is there an approximative formula as to what amoiunt is possible to demand? There seems to be no

Right now i am at war, and need either Gold or some resource for happyness (gold is for waiting some more turns for a colosseum to build without loosing on research because of deficit).

I actually never succeeded in making demands except when facing a non-friendly weak (most of the time AFRAID) enemy, and even then rarely succeeded in demanding more than open borders.

2. Thalassicus

Thalassicus Bytes and Nibblers

I've only made successful demands against "afraid" leaders.

3. pba

pba Chieftain

Just to confirm, neither demand nor trade proposals without any offerings on the players side woked right?

4. Thalassicus

Thalassicus Bytes and Nibblers

Not in my experience, no.

5. nimling

nimling Prince

The only "friendly demands" I've had work were requests for leaders to make peace with allied city-states. Ask for them to make peace via trade, and if they give no counter-offer then it's a done deal.

6. Spirit7609

Spirit7609 Chieftain

Putmalk created a Civ IV Diplomacy Features Mod which, among things taken from Civ 4, implements the possibility to "request help" instead of demand something from an AI.