Friendly, fun, noob to moderate level game!

GAME CLOSED

I had joined a succession game, but it fell through. Anyway, I would like to start up a new game. I really don't want more than 3 players so that we all get to our turns quickly. This will be a game that you don't have to worry about "mistakes" playing the game. None of us are going to worry about getting it "Just right" or the "perfect" research path or build priority. Each will take his or her turn and just plain have fun.

To give this a real "succession" flavor, I'm thinking each person will play 30 turns so that each person will be able to put an imprint on what's happening in the game. This will be a normal game speed game so that you don't have to burn 50 turns building a barrack.

GAME PARAMETERS

Difficulty: Noble
Era: Ancient
Civilization: Saladin of Arabia
Map Size: Large
Geography: Lakes
Num AI: 8
Num Human: 1 [3 players]
Num Turns: open
Victory Conditions: Open

Roster:
1) Colonel Kraken ...[ticked off at Firaxis . . .]
2) ruff_hi ..............[waiting . . . ]
3) GreyFox ............[waiting . . . ]

Pls put me down for this - just what I was looking for as I haven't played in a SG before. One comment - is 30 rounds a bit long later in the game?

lurker's comment:
What GreyFox said. Even on Normal Speed, by the late 20th century you may want to go to 5 turns at a time, especially if you're warring.

ruff_hi said:
Pls put me down for this - just what I was looking for as I haven't played in a SG before. One comment - is 30 rounds a bit long later in the game?

Sure, of course. Later in the game this can be modified down. I've played a couple SG games, and 10 turns in the beginning is stupid. Yes, maybe 30 turns first round then 20 turns, then 10 turns. I just want it so that each player can really get some stuff done they way they like to and really put an imprint on the game. That's what I'm going for.

Thanks for your comments, all!

Looks like you are already full Colonel. If you need an alternate let me know but I thought I would check in and say "Hi" from the East side of the mitten. Any snow out west today?

Parameters - anything except maze map. I played that a bit and it drove me crazy. The majority of my games have been on one big land mass so I don't have a lot of experience with boats. That said, I am currently playing an island game as Catherine.

I've also played on the wheel map - is was a hoot. I typically found a religion and then go crazy spreading it around.

I'm hoping to improve my micromanagement, tech selection and diplomacy.

codeboy said:
SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0

> 0 rows returned.
Too funny! :lol:

ruff_hi said:
I'm hoping to improve my micromanagement, tech selection and diplomacy.
Do I sound like someone from a quiz show (or similar)?

Codeboy said:
Looks like you are already full Colonel. If you need an alternate let me know but I thought I would check in and say "Hi" from the East side of the mitten. Any snow out west today?

Hey, thanks for popping in. I'll let you know if one of the players drops out.

No snow today (just a dusting last night).

Sounds good, thanks.

Thanks ruff_hi. I find it pretty hilarious myself somedays. Or pretty frustrating depending on how you look at it!! ;)

greyfox said:
Great, we can get started son then. As I am in the other side of the world, I usually play around the time where I first posted (now is too late, 1:40AM here !) Hope it fits in well with the rooster, so that we may be able to have a good turn around time.
That would put you in Perth / Australia, India or similar - care to share your approximate location?

GreyFox said:
Great, we can get started son then. As I am in the other side of the world, I usually play around the time where I first posted (now is too late, 1:40AM here :eek: !) Hope it fits in well with the rooster, so that we may be able to have a good turn around time.

Should work out fine since we're sleeping while you're awake. :)

I went with random leaders (including us) on a Lakes map Large.

I decided to go with just 15 turns. That was enough for me to get a foothold in the Ancient Era. We happened to get Saladin of Arabia who is Spiritual and Philisophical, so I decided to go for Polytheism and the religion track.

--3640: We obtained a Scout from a Village.
--3560: We discovered Polytheism.
--3480: Our Scout defeats a Lion.
--3400: We convert to Hinduism (I had waited because I didn't want the turn of anarchy until I was done discovering Priesthood, but then I remembered we have the Spiritual trait).

That's about it for now. I thought I'd stop at 15 turns to give Ruff a swing at the very beginnings of the game. Ruff, maybe you should go with max 20 turns. I guess it's up to you.

Top Bottom