1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Frustrated Deity Player

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by BeTheRowdy, Jun 26, 2017.

1. DizzKneeLand33

DizzKneeLand33 Fall from Heaven 2 still rocks

This is a Deity thread, right? Slinger first is complete suicide in most games. I'd rather take my chances with the worker than a slinger, and certainly otherwise build a warrior, increasing the city defense by 10 over a slinger.

2. BrokTheFanatic

BrokTheFanatic Warlord

I find that intriguing, I have never tried to get a DoF that early. Good stuff

I agree and since I like to do a circular search of the area. I personally go warrior, slinger, slinger, archery once a slinger gets a kill (will switch off whatever I am on) and then upgrade. Once you have archers you are set. I build the 3rd archer later. Of course, if you have early a special unit from civ, you just build those.

I agree but in defense, it is difficult to avoid this. Still, your terrain/proximity of opponents&CS/civ you are playing, should provide enough variance where 'military unit building' is not always the optimal.
    I'd rather work is done on mid and late game AI though, incorporate AI+ into an update and then make it better as well as how the AI goes for science/cv/religion/dom victories. Especially the CV one, the cultural civ AIs should be able to really crush on that since it is just choices rather than having to move military units (or religious units) tactically/strategically. And there is no way to sabotage culture/tourism (well, guess could get em when they go for Eiffel, etc., but that is not nearly as key as when you take out a industrial district or pillage a spaceport).

3. unpossible251

unpossible251 Warlord

I suppose there's more of a deity script if you're unwilling to give up on your games. I bail on about half of my deity games before t20, and probably 85% of them by turn 50. Subsequently, i'm not pumping out slingers to hold off the vandal hordes.