Frustrating Phenomenon

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Strategy & Tips' started by Berserker02, May 12, 2008.

1. Berserker02

Berserker02 Chieftain

I completed my Spaceship, but when I click on the square "S" on the bottom right hand corner to view it, nothing happens. Is this a glitch or what? How do I get back to the Spaceship screen so I can start conquering the moon?

Thanks.

2. Aabraxan

Aabraxan Mid-level Micromanager

Welcome to CFC, Berserker02!

If you've completed the spaceship, it should have launched. If you launched the SS before anyone else completed a victory condition (like gathering 100K culture or a diplo win), then you won. There is no "conquering the moon."

3. PaperBeetle

PaperBeetle Emperor

Perhaps the problem is that the spacerace victory condition was turned off in the game setup screen? Or do you mean you built the spaceship, got the video, and selected "let me play a couple more turns"? In that case, you have won the game, and I suppose you can't see the spaceship any more because it has gone away to Alpha Centauri. In Civ3, there is no need to wait for it to arrive, as there was in the earlier versions of the game.

4. Pyrrhos

Pyrrhos Vae Victis

Wasn't that one of the best parts of the game in Civ I, waiting and knowing "I have won, you haven't! Nah-nah-nah-nah-nahnaah!" while you piled on the points. :)

[Gawd, it's 15 years ago and I had a 486DX33... :eek: :lol: ]

5. MAS

MAS Deity

If that is so, the space ship components are not available in the city construction list.