1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Frustration with movement rules - or, Why I'm an Idiot

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Kyroshill, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Kyroshill

Kyroshill Huh?

I get jammed up so often due to movement rules... it took me weeks to understand ZoC rules (or maybe I still have more to learn)...

but in my current game Lizzie built the Great Wall... so my movement is restricted and she has longbows.... got it.... advantage to the Virgin Queen

But I've invaded Temujin... and my swords are travelling along roads... but as soon as they hit Mongolian territory they stop dead... even if they only moved 1 hex....

What other rules am I missing? (Since I know 2 civs didn't build the Wall)

2. ICanHasName?

ICanHasName? Warlord

So its invisible units, invisible rivers or invisible rules?

3. vexing

vexing knows

roads only cut down movement cost in open or your own territory.
    if you hold down right click on the unit you can see where it can possibly go that turn.

4. kane65

kane65 Chieftain

Keep in mind also that even on level ground you can only move 1 space at a time if there's an enemy unit in an adjacent hex.

5. vexing

vexing knows

that's only if your move cuts across their corner, eg if they're east of you, you can move west freely, but if you try to move north east or south east you can only move one position.

6. Kyroshill

Kyroshill Huh?

Really? It's always seemed that the AI happily uses my roads.... interesting

It seems that railroads would require control of both ends... but roads are roads... if they aren't occupied they should be usable.... it's nothing but a flat surface.... hmmmm

7. Callonia

Callonia Deity

Must've been cuz they're running on plains or have commando promo or they took a city of urs and the territory it was controlling become his and his units can move at full speed.

Or you gave him open borders.