FTP (First. Time. Player) Issues--Customization and Worldbuilder Editin

Tahj Wilson

Chieftain
I'm an avid BTS player who took a 5 year hiatus and only recently got back on the bandwagon a month ago. As a lover of mods, and through a recommendation of a friend, I decided to download and install Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn to test it out play it.
From first impressions, the mod seems incredibly fun and ultimately as cool and as interesting as I read in the full forum thread*. However, after 15 mins of playing with the game's mechanics and actually getting into the meat, I ran into some issues:
  1. To be honest, I don't really consider this an issue, but rather more of annoyance. In most mods, the worldbuilder mode allows the player to literally take the world into his/her own hands and do anything they want with it; i.e., add/remove players, alter the map, add/remove tech, buildings, change city stats, etc. In this, when I start every game, I make it a point to use worldbuilder with no restraints, namely to improve my cities, but whenever I take the time to edit one city at a time and return to the game, changes such as additional buildings (including structures from other civs I use for aesthetic pleasure) are removed. It's gotten so where I no longer use the city editor to add buildings and use the actual player editor to make the changes want as permanent as I can.
  2. What I consider to my biggest issue with this mod is that whenever I start the game, I like to make my own country (obviously) and just have fun. But what I found to be incredibly alarming is that whenever I entered my desired information in the player details screen, everything that I personally input was erased, removed, and the replaced with the games default settings and player details.
    1. For example, this:
      Spoiler Screens :
      I use Atlantis and other mythological places just for fun, but whenever I start the game expecting inputs to be saved and applied, I get this:
      Naturally I think its a glitch, so I head to the player details tab and once again put my information in manually, thinking nothing of it. I use this:
      But when I finish and press enter, I and look at the game, nothing's changed. And going back to the player's details tab, I get this:
I've stopped and restarted my games numerous times on this mod (5x times to be exact), changing my options and inputs hoping to get a better outcome, but no matter what I do, nothing has changed, and I [temporarily] threw in the towel and just left well enough alone. But, if I were to play another mod for BTS, the issues I face while playing RoM are non-existent and I find myself, playing them more than I play RoM which I honestly feel has become incredibly restrictive.

If there's anyone in this forum who reads this, can you please help me understand whats going with this mod and why it behaves to unconventionally?
I'm not a modder, and I have no experience with coding and rendering, so I honestly am not sure if this is an internal problem with the game or the mod, or both and I really don't want to have to uninstall it.

Please help me, thank you.

Good luck with that. I've tried it too, but no great expectations, you must delete something from the entrypoints folder.

Top Bottom