Full-blown alliance with Loco & Aloha

DaveShack

Inventor
Retired Moderator
I think it's high time we call a summit meeting to explore a full-blown alliance with Loco & Aloha. The only way to touch Epsilon+Piffle is full tech sharing, coordinated research, and sharing of all resources that can be shared between all 3 teams.

If we don't all go "all in" on an alliance, it's clear that we'll be 3rd, 4th, and 5th. The only remaining question is what order we'll finish.

To simplify alliance communications, we could create an alliance forum on one of the free boards like ProBoard or InvisionFree.

I am all for this idea as I also mentioned in the Loco communication thread. We need to be much more organised, as there is currently a will to act from all three teams, but lack of coordination makes it impossible to do much.

If everyone agrees I can send out a message to Loco and Aloha with Dave's excellent suggestion.

An alliance forum is a great idea.

I agree, an alliance is critical. go for it.

Message sent to Aloha and Loco:
Dear Aloha and Loco,

With every turn that passes, it becomes more evident that Epsilon is running away with the game. We all agree on this and all of us have expressed the will to act and to prevent an Epsilonian victory.

If we are to succeed, however, the will to act is not enough and neither is the loose coorperation we have at the moment. While some of us may have stronger coorperations on a two-team basis, we really need to be more organised in terms of a three-way alliance.

This is the reason that Innovia is suggesting setting up a secret alliance forum where we can organise ourselves and discuss much more effectively. If you both agree to this, I can have the forum set up very soon. We must act quickly!

Theoden of Innovia
I've been holding off with suggestions of complete resource and tech sharing simply because those things will be much easier to arrange when we have an alliance forum. Arranging it with the current way of communications would be like building a chair with an axe...

Response from Aloha:

What do you have in mind?

regards
BC- sorry about the lack of diplomacy there am a bit rushed today :)

:rolleyes:

Was the idea not explained clearly enough? Would anyone mind telling me if my communication skills really are that bad? :confused:

Seriously, I don't really know what to reply to this message... :rolleyes:

Aloha lost another city recently, maybe their team is overwhelmed with defence or loosing interest but I think BCLG just didn't read it well.

In any case dosn't look like they are too hot to get something going, we asked them a few turn sago about setting up more tech trades or other aid and even offered then a galley but got no response. Same story with Loco. So the ménage à trois (pardon my French) is out for now.

I have a question, this alliance if it goes through, is the plan to be open with this alliance and aid our allies in all ways? I know we could cement the relationship by making a joint statement, with Loco, demanding the end of aggression against Aloha, however this would tip off the two leading nations to our alliance and might cause them to see us as a threat.

If our alliance is secret however, we wouldn't be able to help Aloha, and we might loose them, but we'd be able to continue to grow, while remaining in a weak position. This might cause the two top nations to see each other as their primary threats and they could come into conflict with each other. One of the best ways we could keep an alliance secret would be to occasionally leak a squabble out to the other teams to make it look as if we're arguing with Loco and Aloha.

I now a lot of that is speculative with the weak response from Aloha, but from the little I've yet seen of the game, this alliance seems like our most important tool for catching the leaders.

A problem, BCLG100, the turnplayer and probably leader of Aloha is currently absent (he's on holiday or something), so we can't really discuss things with them. Could anyone chat with one of their other team members? (I believe I've got Robi D's address, but he isn't online most of the time.)

We can secretly gift Aloha units we do not want to pay for in upkeep. I suggest giving them several unskilled military units to fill in their defense lines in gifts, in return for other favors our way. A military support plan in other words, very much what USA did with UK in the war with Germany before Pearl Harbor.

Top Bottom