1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Full Screen Mode Ridiculousness

Discussion in 'Starships' started by Oddible, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Oddible

Oddible signal / noise > 1

So I read this on the 2K site: Resolution in Sid Meier's Starships

Is this for real? Is this what gaming is coming to? That developers have gotten so lazy about creating a full screen or full screen windowed mode that lays over top of the task bar that they force their users to turn on and off auto-hide every time they play the game? And every time your mouse hovers near the bottom of the screen is pops up annoyingly?

I've been playinc Civ games since Civ II... seriously what is this crap? I haven't even played the game yet, which may be amazing, but this is just the stupidest thing I've ever seen a developer do. Please tell me I'm missing something obvious.

I can't actually even drag the window to change the size. I get two options, 1) tiny unsizeable window, or 2) full screen with the task bar showing

2. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Warlord

Well, I assume this is a side effect of making the same game for both PC and mobile iOS (ie iPad) since we only see this issue with the mobile games like Starships, Ace Patrol etc but not with the full PC games like Civ5 or BE.

3. legalizefreedom

legalizefreedom Inefficiency Expert

Agreed. A proper full screen mode is a reasonable request.

And a Main Menu/Exit game button.