Python Performance and Interface Overhaul (PPIO)

Almost looks like you have the font installed... not sure, looks different, but that might just be the resolution you used.
(Edit: You did try without installing the font I posted, right?)

Was Main menu (single player, new game, load game, options, etc.) font really small, like the size of this text here?

1. I could try again by increasing the resolution to my max level (but causes graphic card crashes eventually). OK for a quick test.

2. I did not try the extra font.

3. The main menu etc. fonts were much larger.

Edit:

1. Screenshot at 1280x1024 added.

2. In main map screen clicking where the missing icons should be does load the correct screen.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    206.8 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Thanks for helping me out Harrier, I was worried because the font I used was introduced to windows at windows vista, I guess windows XP got it in a patch and I worried needlessly.
Edit: Wonder if MAC has the font....

v0.5.4
  • Restored the buttons for espionage and corporation advisors
  • Font adjustments here and there, fixed up that odd symbol bug.
  • Resized the minimap a bit to give it an aspect ratio of 1.5:1 ▬ 1.5 * Height = Width ▬ Was 1.647540984 ▬ Real Earth value is 2.00673.
    • This was done to make it easier to define map sizes in map scripts so that it match the minimap size perfectly.
    • Alternative aspect ratios is 1.75:1 and of course 2:1, 1.75 gives a bit less freedom for map sizes than 1.5 which again gives less than 2.
    • A value of 2 would require some extensive interface adjustments to work.
  • Changed how the promotions a unit have is displayed, it is now only one column that can be scrolled if the unit has enough promos for it to go off screen.
  • Improved general performance outside the pedia (in-game), by smartening up the interface python code.
Note: A lot of python changes and minimal testing time, so there might be some nasty interface bugs lurking.

Last edited:
been trying this out for about 5 minutes now, Found two bugs, If you select an entry and then switch to a different tab and then back and click again on it, Say I'm going to c2c Cultures, click on aborigines, then I click on another tab and then back to C2C cultures and click on Aborigines again it won't show, you'll have to select a different culture and then aborigines again,
and the second bug being that after minimizing (Ctrl+Esc) the Game I lost parts of the UI
the font also could be a little smaller seeing it overlaps, I use a 1920×1080 monitor

been trying this out for about 5 minutes now, Found two bugs, If you select an entry and then switch to a different tab and then back and click again on it, Say I'm going to c2c Cultures, click on aborigines, then I click on another tab and then back to C2C cultures and click on Aborigines again it won't show, you'll have to select a different culture and then aborigines again,
and the second bug being that after minimizing (Ctrl+Esc) the Game I lost parts of the UI
Interesting, thanks for the report.
the font also could be a little smaller seeing it overlaps, I use a 1920×1080 monitor
I'll need to know where the font is too big, Is it too big in the pedia?
I made a global font change that applies to the whole game while I've almost only had time to adjust specific font and interface within the pedia. there are many other places where I have to reduce the size of text but haven't gotten around to it yet.
The global change I made was to increase the size of all four vanilla fonts sizes and then introduce another font size to be the smallest one, I then marked the third biggest font to be the default instead of the second biggest font, but not all text in the game use the default so I have to find in the code where the specific text is placed and manually change the font size for it there locally or alternatively change the interface panels to fit the bigger text.

Edit: v0.5.4.1
If you select an entry and then switch to a different tab and then back and click again on it, Say I'm going to c2c Cultures, click on aborigines, then I click on another tab and then back to C2C cultures and click on Aborigines again it won't show, you'll have to select a different culture and then aborigines again
  • Fixed

@Dancing Hoskuld map bonuses, technologies, some units, heroes still have pink icons.... or that wasn't uploaded to SVN yet?
edit: Apparently I had outdated SVN version...

@Toffer90 if I click on tech in chronology sorted tech list, then click on building or something else and go back, I end up in appropriate era index list instead of chronology sorted list.

@Dancing Hoskuld map bonuses, technologies, some units, heroes still have pink icons.... or that wasn't uploaded to SVN yet?
edit: Apparently I had outdated SVN version...
There are still some pink buttons on latest SVN.
@Dancing Hoskuld :
Spoiler Whitespace file path issues. :
, ,Art/RoM_Atlas.dds,2,2 //ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_ANCIENT_TEMPLE & ART_DEF_BONUS_ANCIENTTEMPLE & BUILD_MESOAMERICAN_TEMPLE
, ,Art/RoM_Atlas.dds,8,1 //ART_DEF_BONUS_COTTON & BUILD_BONUS_COTTON

,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree/Animal Husbandry.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree_Atlas.dds,3,1
,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree/Horseback Riding.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree_Atlas.dds,6,4
,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree/Assembly Line.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree_Atlas.dds,6,1
,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree/Space Flight.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/RoM_Techtree_Atlas.dds,7,16
,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree/Bronze Working.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree_Atlas.dds,2,9
,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree/Military Tradition.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree_Atlas.dds,7,5
,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree/Civil Service.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree_Atlas.dds,1,2
,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree/Code of Laws.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree_Atlas.dds,2,2
,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree/Divine Right.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree_Atlas.dds,1,3
,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree/Iron Working.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree_Atlas.dds,5,10
,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree/Metal Casting.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree_Atlas.dds,6,5
,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree/Military Tradition.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree_Atlas.dds,7,5
,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree/Printing Press.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree_Atlas.dds,6,11
,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree/Replaceable Parts.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree_Atlas.dds,2,7
,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree/Scientific Method.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree_Atlas.dds,8,7
,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree/Siege Warfare.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/RoM_Techtree_Atlas2.dds,2,4
,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree/Steam Power.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree_Atlas.dds,1,12
,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree/Future Tech.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree_Atlas.dds,2,4

Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/Heroes/El Cid.dds
Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/Heroes/Ithobaal I.dds
Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/Heroes/Lord Nelson.dds
Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/Heroes/Lorenzo de Medici.dds
Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/Heroes/Menelik II.dds
Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/Heroes/Rajaraja Chola.dds
Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/Heroes/Thutmose III.dds

modules\OrionsMods\Mine_Warfare\Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/Naval_Mine_Field Button.dds

,Art/Interface/Buttons/WorldBuilder/Guinea Pig.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/Unit_Resource_Atlas.dds,8,15
@Toffer90 if I click on tech in chronology sorted tech list, then click on building or something else and go back, I end up in appropriate era index list instead of chronology sorted list.
Hmm, I though I fixed that. Will look at it again.

That happens to both all eras and chronology.
That also happens in all eras for buildings and units.

Updated to latest SVN.
I'll list items with pink icon problems from game:
Technologies: Animal Husbandry, Animal Riding, Metal Casting, Bronze Working, Iron Working, Code of Laws, Siege Warfare, Civil Service, Printing Press, Divine Right, Scientific Method, Replaceable Parts, Steam Power, Military Service, Assembly Line, Astronautics, String Analysis (chronological order)
Units: Naval Mine Field
Heroes: El Cid, Ithobaal I, Lord Nelson, Lorenzo de' Medici, Masinissa, Menelik II, Rajraja Chola I, Thutmose III
Special buildings: Civic (Martial Law)
Map Bonuses: Ancient Relics, Cotton
Worker Builds: Build a Brane Factory, Build a Brane Farm (peppers hyperspace technology ;)) , Place Cotton Bonus, Place Guinea Pigs Bonus.
And thats all entries.

Last edited:
My problems with the Font exists outside of the Pedia, mostly in the top left corner, though in general it feels a bit too bold, too much there as it where, especially Colours don't work well as shown on the scoreboards,

I forgot to add another bug, but Seems that either your patch or some other reinstalling thingy just made it disappear, so that's good

There are still some pink buttons on latest SVN.
@Dancing Hoskuld :
Spoiler Whitespace file path issues. :
, ,Art/RoM_Atlas.dds,2,2 //ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_ANCIENT_TEMPLE & ART_DEF_BONUS_ANCIENTTEMPLE & BUILD_MESOAMERICAN_TEMPLE
, ,Art/RoM_Atlas.dds,8,1 //ART_DEF_BONUS_COTTON & BUILD_BONUS_COTTON

,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree/Animal Husbandry.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree_Atlas.dds,3,1
,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree/Horseback Riding.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree_Atlas.dds,6,4
,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree/Assembly Line.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree_Atlas.dds,6,1
,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree/Space Flight.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/RoM_Techtree_Atlas.dds,7,16
,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree/Bronze Working.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree_Atlas.dds,2,9
,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree/Civil Service.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree_Atlas.dds,1,2
,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree/Code of Laws.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree_Atlas.dds,2,2
,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree/Divine Right.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree_Atlas.dds,1,3
,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree/Iron Working.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree_Atlas.dds,5,10
,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree/Metal Casting.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree_Atlas.dds,6,5
,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree/Printing Press.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree_Atlas.dds,6,11
,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree/Replaceable Parts.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree_Atlas.dds,2,7
,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree/Scientific Method.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree_Atlas.dds,8,7
,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree/Siege Warfare.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/RoM_Techtree_Atlas2.dds,2,4
,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree/Steam Power.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree_Atlas.dds,1,12
,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree/Future Tech.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree_Atlas.dds,2,4

Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/Heroes/El Cid.dds
Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/Heroes/Lord Nelson.dds
Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/Heroes/Lorenzo de Medici.dds
Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/Heroes/Menelik II.dds
Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/Heroes/Rajaraja Chola.dds
Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/Heroes/Thutmose III.dds

modules\OrionsMods\Mine_Warfare\Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/Naval_Mine_Field Button.dds

,Art/Interface/Buttons/WorldBuilder/Guinea Pig.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/Unit_Resource_Atlas.dds,8,15
Hmm, I though I fixed that. Will look at it again.
Not sure when I will get to it Windows 10 did an update and now I don't have a Start Menu and a lot of other stuff is broken to - no YouTube - so I have time :lol:

Gah! all those tech ones we get from vanilla!

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa346/Voron_Agrrav/Civ4ScreenShot0003_zpswfa8pecc.jpg
http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa346/Voron_Agrrav/Civ4ScreenShot0005_zpsl4kfkdue.jpg

Subdued Animals Does not want to be selected and show their buildings, if you select multiple then it does show their buildings and UI, but solo it doesn't, It only exists while using your mod

sidenote, was trying to fit images into a Spoiler, but that didn't want to work, I'd like it if I could do that if it's possible

Last edited:
Subdued Animals Does not want to be selected and show their buildings, if you select multiple then it does show their buildings and UI, but solo it doesn't, It only exists while using your mod

sidenote, was trying to fit images into a Spoiler, but that didn't want to work, I'd like it if I could do that if it's possible
I understand the issue.
This: "Note: A lot of python changes and minimal testing time, so there might be some nasty interface bugs lurking." proved true.

to show images you just upload the image and click on one of the two buttons that is attached to the file (Thumbnail or full picture?) it will then place the picture in the text where the write indicator is located.

Last edited:
I still have to find these but the rest are done but not loaded to the SVN yet.
I'll list entries that aren't fixed yet:
Units: Naval Mine Field
Special buildings: Civic (Martial Law)
Worker Builds: Build a Brane Factory, Build a Brane Farm (peppers hyperspace technology ;))
These two brane stuff are in @pepper2000 module. Also there is single unit with pink icon.

Subdued Animals Does not want to be selected and show their buildings, if you select multiple then it does show their buildings and UI, but solo it doesn't.
I managed to fix this, an update will be posted after I've slept and then done some quick quality control. It's 5 AM so my head is not clear enough to release something without testing.

Quality over Quantity I always say :)

I got stuck on trying to make the tooltip wider today, so no new version is ready, and I won't have time to mod the next 2 days.
Good news is that I managed to widen the tooltip with a blue transparent background, the one that can vary where it is positioned.
The static one on the map, the one that is always on the left side and have a black transparent background, is not possible to make wider as far as I could see.

The static one on the map, the one that is always on the left side and have a black transparent background, is not possible to make wider as far as I could see.
If we could figure out how to widen this it would be amazing. Platyping did it but he wasn't working with BUG and said that was part of the problem but DH says it isn't. I really don't know.

Top Bottom