1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fun screenshot of my invasion force!

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by SupremacyKing2, Oct 31, 2015.

1. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

Just wanted to share this screenshot of my current game, Soyuz difficulty, massive map. I am playing as Daoming. I have activated the beacon and I am about 20 turns away from winning the game. I see Kavitha has also activated the beacon and is about 30 turns away from victory. I will win first if I just sit around and wait but I thought it might be more fun to destroy her beacon, seen on the far right in the screenshot to guarantee my complete superiority.

I've amassed a neat invasion force of advanced Purity units (3 devastors in the back, 4 Dragoons and 1 LEV Destroyer in the front with a true autosled on my left flank):

I'm thinking I should take her city easily. :D

2. soundwaveuk

soundwaveuk Chieftain

I think that is going to be one broken Beacon! I love the sight of a purity force amassing.

3. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

Thanks. I captured Mandira and successfully destroyed KP's Beacon but then the AI brought in the reinforcements, a bunch of supremacy subs and cruisers that wiped out over half my force and retook Mandira. I fled back to my territory with a LEV destroyer, a dragoon and a devastor. But I accomplished my goal of destroying the enemy Beacon. I won a Contact victory about 9 turns later. :)

4. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Moderator Action: Moved to General Discussions.

5. CaptMikeP

CaptMikeP Purity's Finest Warrior

Oh yeah dude definitely watch out for those submarines and cruisers they will spam that. But good work.

6. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

Yeah, Mandira looked deceptively unprotected. The AI had a bunch of cruisers and subs outside my area of vision so I did not see them until after I started my attack. Then suddenly, they all pounce on me. The AI had 2 of those beautiful looking pearly white purity-supremacy hybrid cruisers to the south of Mandira. They were pretty tough against my hover units.

If I had used a navy that probably would have been better. At level 17, my purity navy would have been able to stop KP's subs and cruisers. But I did not have a coastal city on that side of the continent facing KP. I could have settled a new city on the coast, used trade routes to convert the outpost to city quickly and then used my diplo reserves to spawn a navy. But I figured why wait when I can just use hover units.

7. Callonia

Callonia Deity

You call that an invasion force? I thought you just came for a fun little skirmish.

Now this is a real invasion force. :lol:

Spoiler :

With even more units not even shown in the screenshot.

8. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

:eek: I concede the point. :)

I guess, since my purpose was to kill the beacon rather than take her territory, it was technically more of a raiding force than an invasion force. :D

9. Callonia

Callonia Deity

Ahhh okay. :lol:

10. Miravlix

Miravlix King

I just use a hover tank or two for victory improvement destruction.

The AI is too stupid to defend it and it's forces is always off somewhere.

11. Verviedi

Verviedi Chieftain

Last time I tried that, my unit of Maestros got bombed by two cities at once. Damn Mass Drivers.

12. SahintheFalcon

SahintheFalcon Chieftain

This is from many months ago, but here's one spectacular victory I had:

Spoiler :