Fun start for foodies...

qadams

Bohemian
I haven't played this game out yet, but it looks like it could be interesting. None of your citizens should go hungry! Check out those yummy 5+ food tiles — Sugar on Marsh — not to mention Rice, Bananas, Citrus, and Crab. The biggest problem, I suppose, might be finding enough housing.

Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 9.49.41 PM.png

If you want to try the start, it's Emperor level, America/Teddy, standard size and speed, Fractal map.

Attachments

• TEDDY ROOSEVELT 1 4000 BC.Civ6Save
    345.8 KB · Views: 60
Horses are delicious. We eat them all the time here. You just have to make sure not to mix sport horses and food horses because of the medication issue. I don't think you vaccinate the horses in civ VI, right?

This reminds me of the silly 3 food starts in IV, which due to slavery was ******ed OP.

I'm pretty sure Civ IV is actually biased to ensure you always had either flood plains or AT LEAST one food resource.

Edit: Ftr, I wasn't implying that all starts were equal. Just that starts without any food resources if you settled in place didn't happen.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Civ IV is actually biased to ensure you always had either flood plains or AT LEAST one food resource.

Yes, but not all food resources were created equal. Riverside grassland corn was a 6f tile as a food resource, but I think a plains hill sheep (which was maybe a 3f tile?) also counted. So some games you were kind of screwed for food if all you could survive on was the crappier tiles.

might be finding enough housing.
Nah, when you have loads of food your city will happily overgrow by 5 I think it is.
Aqueduct to the river lots of farmland
As a coastal player I see no issue there with housing beyond you will not be able to stop your city growing without tile management

Horse meat is delicious, like beef steak but with more bite. Amazing for both stirfry and stews!

Here in the Netherlands we also eat it smoked and thinly sliced on bread, sort of like carpaccio (paarderookvlees).

Paardenrookvlees.

Paardenrookvlees.
I love those little Dutch puzzles! It takes some seconds to decipher them, but more often than not you can completely get the sense. Pferderauchfleisch. "ongelukkig nijlpaard" (Mijnheer van Aardappelenbos im 'blauroten Methusalem')

I love those little Dutch puzzles! It takes some seconds to decipher them, but more often than not you can completely get the sense. Pferderauchfleisch. "ongelukkig nijlpaard" (Mijnheer van Aardappelenbos im 'blauroten Methusalem')

No, you got it the wrong way around. German. That's puzzles.

:eek: Oh, well ... you learn indeed new things each day!

Btw, induced by some naming conventions for variables etc. in programming languages I use more capitals also as delimiters when handwriting prose to make for better readability of long compound nouns. For example, I'd prefer PferdeRauchFleisch or even 'PaardenRookVlees'; but you know, I've been told in this forum, that this kind of murders readability, go figure.

:eek: Oh, well ... you learn indeed new things each day!

Btw, induced by some naming conventions for variables etc. in programming languages I use more capitals also as delimiters when handwriting prose to make for better readability of long compound nouns. For example, I'd prefer PferdeRauchFleisch or even 'PaardenRookVlees'; but you know, I've been told in this forum, that this kind of murders readability, go figure.

Both are correct. It's better for intensive reading, but it's harder for casual reading.

Top Bottom