Fundamentalism???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Chieftain
I can't believe how many of you guys go for Fundamentalism. It's just not my style I guess, but I'm just curious why you do, don't think I've ever used it, really. Usually I shoot for Dem., use it to build up my tech. and then go to a blend of sci. and productivity with Communism. Personally, I find it the most appealing, with the exception of maybe Fascism, but that's a whole other story. Basically, I'm just curious about why you guys buy into Fundamentalism so much.....

I always go for communisum!

------------------
The people in my cool book
1.Thunderfall
2.Stellar
3.CornMaster
4.Blitz
5.GengisGreg
6.Warlord56
7.scorch

So do I. I think its the best because it is a good compromise between a massive milatary and research

------------------
The Worlds Worst Civ player! But still playing!

Hey, how come I'm not in the cool book?
How come you're not in your own cool book?

Although I'd never want to live in a fundamentalist country, it's great in Civ because you get units with no support, tithes, and no unhappiness!

Fundamentalism is great for conquest... you get boatloads of cash and don't waste any effort on keeping citizens happy.

It's nice if you've fallen a bit behind or if the enemy has dozens of cities. But it almost feels like cheating.

Well i find fundamentalism great for getting cahs and keeping research. I can get my fundamentalism g'ment to where i'm getting atleast 500gold per turn while research 2-5 per tunr ALOT OF SCIENTIST IN MY TOWNS

Fundamentalism is unbalanced , you can build
a big armie without any support and get
very much money per turn and dont have to care about unhappiness and ...

But i prefer to choose democratie like you
because with not to many troops i can play
a hole game on one weekend .

Fundamentalism is the best. You have no worries about your cities whatsoever. You can completely erase luxury and no one will mind. I did this and could continue to buy units and barely losing money.

I admit that it is unrealistic, but, in a time of need, you can switch to fundamentalism for a while and then switch back when you're back into power.

Tell me if I'm wrong, but this is the way I view the 3 modern govs.

COMMUNISM: Defensive stronghold, good science while at the same time conducting small scale campaigns.

DEMOCRACY: Peaceful, when you need to get up in science and money.

FUNDAMENTALISM: Full fledged, global warfare.

Fundamentalism isn't all that unrealistic. Fanatical religious societies are often like that.

------------------
Consider a career in Hippo Taming.

Well,in real life they're too busy praying and sacraficing their children and grandmothers to conquer anyone.

------------------

Yup, it's all that hand lotion if you ask me. Younger brothers are good too. Say, I wonder if I could get away with that on the premise that it's for religious purposes? Hmmm.

------------------

This forum is for telling stories of your Civ2 games. This topic is moved to Civ2 General Discussion in the future please keep topics in the right forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom