1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Funny Fall from Heaven Screenshots!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Xanikk999, Feb 17, 2007.

1. Krschtschn

Krschtschn Ananassafttrinker

I have never seen so many AIs with flavorwise wrong religions. Even Sheelba was Order before i conquered her. (AV was never found, and i still blame Tebryn for it)

2. Demus

Demus Chieftain

malakim following order is pretty common. As the calabim, i often go order myself (usually flauros though, but still). Tebryn however is pretty odd i must admit

3. FireBlaze

FireBlaze Chieftain

True, but Order as Malakim under DECIUS who fled from the Bannor and the Order, is out of Lore. And Order for Vampires never made any sense :lol:

4. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

Einion Logos going OO? (raveraverave)

5. Grey Fox

Grey Fox Master of Points

Well there we are of different opinions. ;)
    I think it makes a lot of sense. Order is an authoritarian religion in foundation. Much of it is based around the control of the population. It wants to stop the Veil and hinder the armageddon. Goals which any vampire would adhere to imo. Unless if they already was hooked to Veil for short term reasons.

But the way the vampire social structure works, it fits the Order like a glove. IMO.

6. FireBlaze

FireBlaze Chieftain

It makes sense if you think about it like that, but from a strictly lore perspective I doubt they would adopt the Order, unless we're going by the "Every religion can have a corrupt side and still be that religion". Unless they just make the masses adopt it, while they adopt something else, but I have no clue what the state religion would be if that were to occur, unless said second religion was CoE, in which case the state would be the Order.

7. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

Makes perfect sense to me... But that's because, next version of RifE, Order now makes you Lawful, doesn't effect Good/Evil much at all. And Lawful Evil pretty much describes the Calabim perfectly. :goodjob:

8. Onionsoilder

Onionsoilder Reaver

I broke the map generator...

Started a new game. Large Map, 19 civs, Custom Continents. I played till turn 150 before I got fed up with the huge amount of lag I was getting; I never had problems with lag on large maps before. I opened up worldbuilder to see if I could find the problem, only to discover I wasn't on a continent...

The entire world was one giant chunk of land. No seas. The only water came from a single very long river that flowed into itself. That's not how gravity works!

9. cthom

cthom 3,011,451,295

MEDIC!!!!!

i think this has maybe been seen before? (if so i don't know why the bug hasn't been fixed....)

10. arcticnightwolf

arcticnightwolf Chieftain

Well ... you're playing FfH ... do you really think that gravity in Erebus will work as expected ?? So silly ...

11. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Chieftain

That's my approach. Well, actually Order is not that moral even in its uncorrupted stance - Unyielding Order mechanics is a bit creepy, don't you think so?

Also, ideas for screenshots: I find it interesting that there's an Infernal cities called Astrakan and Krakatorum. Is this a sign that the modmakers have something against the inhabitants of the RL cities of Astrakhan and Karakorum?

Also, the graceful Temples of Leaves feel very out-of-place in Infernal cities.

12. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Chieftain

Probably not, since the Empyrean hero is named Astrakein, which is similar. Also, Krakatorum sounds like it might be based at least partly on Krakatoa.

13. FireBlaze

FireBlaze Chieftain

Or they're just carried over from the Barbarian cities from BtS

14. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Chieftain

Barbarian cities in BTS are adjectives (Cimmerian, Mycenian, etc).

15. FireBlaze

FireBlaze Chieftain

I learned something new today.

16. Dash5

Dash5 Chieftain

Thats happens fairly often in my games. if you lower the amount of civs or the map size it tends to lower the chances significantly, as does changing the map type away from Custom Continents since those seem to cause alot of the issues. The fact that you computer made it to turn 150 is kind of impressive, i normally notice the slowdown and check around turn 50.

17. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Chieftain

It's been a long time since I played regular BtS, so I don't remember the names of the barbarian cities.

18. Dean_the_Young

Dean_the_Young Chieftain

This may seem like a stupid question, but how do you get an image from the game to a mode you can post it here? I normally just print screen key and then paste, but that doesn't seem to work with this forum.

19. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Chieftain

It's because web browsers are not image editing programs. :p

Click "Go Advanced" and attach the picture (not in *.bmp format) (as an attachment), or use Photobucket or Imageshack.

20. Dean_the_Young

Dean_the_Young Chieftain

The picture is a pasted image in a word document. I can't seem to save it as a separate image. How do I do that?