Funny Fall from Heaven Screenshots!

Civ4ScreenShot0512.JPG

Civ4ScreenShot0515.JPG

Civ4ScreenShot0555.JPG

wow. -7 gold at 10% science? sounds really rough.

Whatever that angel whanted to do, he picked the wrong place.

Attachments

• wirdangel.jpg
    wirdangel.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 657
Whatever that angel whanted to do, he picked the wrong place.

*ethereal glow, tinkling bells, etc.*

"Get a rope." :lol:

So I was having fun destroying the world as the Sheaim, with Hybbie as my buddy, when suddenly I get the message that Basium has shown his ugly face. Surprisingly, though, I find out that he's actually at peace with me... Turns out the Austrin, who have been Hybbies vassals for ages, have summoned him and as a result he's now Hyborem's vassal too. :lol:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0082.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0082.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 397
  • Civ4ScreenShot0083.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0083.JPG
    222.6 KB · Views: 487
Sometimes switching to Infernals really pay off..

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0069.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0069.JPG
    455.2 KB · Views: 655
Was using erebus continent mapscript with more mountains option :)

Anyways, I don't think those pockets in mountains are so bad. Game just should not place hyborem in one of those if there is space available elsewhere. Probably fixing it isn't worth it as it happens so rarely anyway (though, hyborem starting places suck often too much)

Only the Infernals could do something with that city, as they don't need food to grow population. But in order for them to have any chance of winning, they'd have to somehow get the technology to make/promote units which ignore terrain. The only ones I can think of, off the top of my head, are druids, which would involve becoming neutral, which I think would result in losing Hyborem.

Assaulting such a city is much simpler. You can bombard the city and kill off its defenders with summoned units like fireballs (any other summoned units which ignore terrain?), then use said druids (or perhaps a tamed gryphon) to take over the city when it's weak enough.

Surely there must be some other units which can go over mountains. What am I forgetting? Can gargoyles? Who gets those? Dwarves?

Anyway, I guess my point is, considering that there are options, why use worldbuilder? Sounds like a fun challenge to me.

Was using erebus continent mapscript with more mountains option :)

Anyways, I don't think those pockets in mountains are so bad. Game just should not place hyborem in one of those if there is space available elsewhere. Probably fixing it isn't worth it as it happens so rarely anyway (though, hyborem starting places suck often too much)
Whenever I use it, I end up with a large amount of the civs isolated in a ring of mountains. Its a big ring, and they have room to expand, but still.

I usually find ErebusContinent much more fun than Erebus. Especially because the mountain ranges aren't so horribly annoying there.

Where can I find it? I've only ever played straight up FFH. Never messed with modmods.

Top Bottom