Funny "grateful" City-State...

Dearmad

Dead weight
I Levied a few city states' armies in order to protect them from Mongolia. One Catapult in particular did really well over time, and then I upgraded it to a Bombard and it was a critical part of our defenses around "Cahokia Hill"

Anyway I got to name it as it made level 3: "Our Gift to Cahokia."

When it reverted to their control, I noticed they had renamed it! "The Alpha Battery." Wtf, ungrateful cretins!

Haha

I mean, if they kept the name they would look like they brought a present for themselves. :crazyeye:

I just realized how stupid i am. Whenever a friendly AI started attacking my CS i was like: welp, such is life.
It never occured to me to help them. By levying their troops. It makes perfect sense. How did i not realize this is possible.

Wow

Yeah it's a lot of fun... and relatively cheap. Especially good if you are Hungary. I swear what I can do with 3 troops versus what they would do with them in defense, is nothing short of miraculous! LOL.

But activating a levy halfway across the world is sometimes very surprising to the AI who declared war on you and didn't expect you do actually, well, you know, invade suddenly from the West. One quick upgrade of all their units later (at my expense) and we have a well-equipped, well trained army ready to go.

Top Bottom