Funny Screenshots: Part Deux

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by BakingTheArt, Jan 21, 2009.

1. TezaPsyborg

TezaPsyborg Warlord

:crazyeye:

2. EvilLurksIntrnt

EvilLurksIntrnt Chieftain

Was playing duel against Montezuma on huge map
    On first screenshot we can see that his army is quite technologically advanced
    Oh but on second look when it gets to my borders some 25 turns after it went from Ai's borders it is not so advanced it seems,

Attached Files:

• i1.JPG
      i1.JPG
      File size:
      210.8 KB
      Views:
    • i2.JPG
      i2.JPG
      File size:
      296.5 KB
      Views:
  3. Nothingontv

Nothingontv Warlord

Started a map as Egypt. Sumeria put his second city to my east, the HRE put his second city to my west(holy city as well i think) and Ethiopia put his second city to my south-west.

Never been surrounded like that before.

Spoiler :

4. Lennier

Lennier Emperor

Ahh...but you have horses. So which do you want to be your second city. :mwaha:

5. dalamb

dalamb Deity

How the heck did that happen? EDIT: the water-walking bit, I mean.

6. azatol

azatol Warlord

Didn't take out the barbarian city near me early on. I'm just now building up a force of archers to take them out, but I'm on my way to culture flipping it instead, if that's possible.

Spoiler :

7. AdamCrock

AdamCrock Polish Pudding

Ummm..... don't want to be rude or anything.... but You have forgoten to mine that iron .... :eek: :lol: ;) Well I guess if it isn't a moded game You cannot mine it yet (for a second I thought it was RFC ;) ) but 20 turns before Monarchy is developed (+the time needed to develop iron working to chop jungles) seems like a pretty long time to be without it ;) Oh wait a second ... I think this is RFC (or maybe not : Americans does not spawn so early in RFC .... now Im confused :O :crazyeye: :lol:) If this is RFC You can mine it, worker will just not remove the jungle there but if it's RFC You should be able to mine it :D omg .... how many edits this post have :O You have left me confused :crazyeye: :lol:

8. phoenix_sprite

phoenix_sprite King

This isn't exactly a 'funny' screenshot, but I though it was pretty cool how the buildings in my city aligned to each other.

9. Lennier

Lennier Emperor

Worldbuilder. What I didn't know is that you could place land units on sea tiles in Worldbuilder. But check out the name he's assigned the GP.

10. Kallikrates

Kallikrates Prince

@NothingonTV: What are the map/level settings for this situation? (They are both CRE, so that's really a bad case of getting boxed in...)

11. s.bernbaum

s.bernbaum Mostly lurking

I don't know what he did but there is another possibility. If you put a land unit on a ship, send the ship to sea, then put the ship to sleep, and wake up the land unit, you will see the land unit apparently standing on water. The land unit is waiting for orders and the ship is asleep, so you see the land unit only. You also get the same effect if the ship is on a long voyage and one of the land units on board is awake. I've done this by accident in the past. It took me a while to figure out that I had to put the land unit to sleep in order to see the ship that it was on.

12. TheSunIsDark

TheSunIsDark Settled Great Scientist

Look at the dots above the flags. Only one for both the prophet or the settler. The mouseover of the settler shows just the settler.

13. Nothingontv

Nothingontv Warlord

It's a fractal deity map on normal speed.

14. Kallikrates

Kallikrates Prince

Thanks, I guess I know why I do not want to play deity...

15. AdamCrock

AdamCrock Polish Pudding

Spoiler :

Well they just to tend to align themselves like that ! ^^ Which is pretty totally cool ! ^^ (well actually it's the file cityPLOTLsystem.xml or something which tells them how many tiles they use and stuff like that but casual players should not bother about things like this :D ) My unofficial list of things to do in Civ is to build all (and I mean all : that means 30 degress on equator or something to build space evevator but I want to build a city with totally all possible wonders in it ;) I have bolded possible because it is not possible to build all the shrines in one city .... or is it ? (ofc. I mean legally !!! no cheating ! wow ! ;) )

16. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Simperator Knoedel

Why wouldn't it be possible? Granted, it's difficult, but I'm sure at settler difficulty with an awesome start it should be doable.

Attached Files:

17. AdamCrock

AdamCrock Polish Pudding

Granted ! It is very difficult ! :O ;) But than again Civ is such a wonderful game that miracles are on it's daily basis ^^ (proven with Your shots ^^) It's actually why I play it ... there is always something more to do and more to acomplish ^^

18. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Simperator Knoedel

You know, now you made me want to do that myself. Shrines are not the problem, national wonders are, as you can build only two of those in one city.

19. TheSunIsDark

TheSunIsDark Settled Great Scientist

I've managed to found Taoism in an OCC before Judaism was founded, on warlord, so should easily be possible there.

20. Lord Bigfoot

Lord Bigfoot King

Do OOC's remove the national wonder limit?