Funny Things My Advisor Told Me...

Here is the funniest thing the advisor has ever said to me. What makes it even funnier is the fact that he seems scared by this :lol:

I tend to forget that my trade advisor is female. I dunno if it's her hair or what, but I would always think of her as a man until I get to the modern ages, and suddenly she's wearing a pearl necklace and dress.

I miss the live Civ II advisors and their little videos. One of my faves was the military advisor, who'd always yell at me, "BUILD CITY WALLS!!" :)

You probably have seen this, but it surprised me.
Usually she is as boring as ugly.

Attachments

• hail.jpg
    hail.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 95
Originally posted by Gastric ReFlux
Yes, things the AI advisors should really say:

Domestic Advisor: Talk to your husband/wife...

Foreign Advisor: There's a world out there. Even you could make a friend.

Trade Advisor: It really is time you take a trip to the store to replace your expired milk.

Science Advisor: You are a backwards college student. Stop skipping class.

Well, in your CivIII/Text directoyr is a handy-dandy file called script.txt that has all the advisor and other mischellaneous diplomacy and pop-up text. You can add/alter the entries contained therein (the people at Firaxis were even nice enough to include a short tutorial at the begining of the file):D

But only do this if you feel up to it, and back up your original file

It's also funny when you're doing well/dominating the game and have a good income and many luxury resources and the Trade Advisor's telling you to trade your extra incense with your opponent and no matter how many times or how loud you tell her, you're not trading it to them, to keep themunhappy and weaker for when you attack. Reasons why I'm in command and she's just sits and acts greedy.

I also like the 'build more cities' one when you have 2 dozen cities with huge corruption and waste etc. I guess they are just 'advisors'.

Top Bottom