Future Era Modmod Ideas

Blue Anteater

Chieftain
I'll wager that this idea has been discussed a million times already, but I'll post this thread anyway.

Even though the end year for Rhye's and Fall of Civilization is 2020, but what if you were already a technologically advanced civilization before that time or what if you wanted to play beyond that date?

Some of my proposed technologies:
Genetic Modification (+1 :health: in every city, +3 :food: from Corn, Wheat, Rice, Pig, Cow, Sheep)
Advanced Robotics (can train Work Robot, Robotic Infantry, can build Robot Assembly Plant)
Nanotechnology (+3 :health: in every city, +1 :) in every city, can train Nanobot Cloud, can build Nanotech Factory, allows Nanoids promotion)

Some proposed units:
Work Robot (upgrades from Worker, builds improvements +3 turns faster, 2:move:)
Robotic Infantry (upgrades from Mechanized Infantry, 30:strength: 3:move:)
Nanobot Cloud (upgrades from Work Robot, can build improvements +5 turns faster, 2:move:)

And perhaps we could carry over a few units and technologies from the Next War modification.

I am open to criticisms towards any of these ideas.

It would require more modification than it initially appears since you need to change UHV's of civilizations that state you need to be the first to complete the Tech Tree. An example would be Japan. That is what I am assuming Cethegus meant. Thus it would be necessary to get into modifying dll files.

It would require more modification than it initially appears since you need to change UHV's of civilizations that state you need to be the first to complete the Tech Tree. An example would be Japan. That is what I am assuming Cethegus meant. Thus it would be necessary to get into modifying dll files.
Yeah, now that you've mentioned it, that could be a problem with Germany's Unique Historical Victory, as you might not be able to accomplish it by 2020. But we could, just for this modmod, make it so that you would earn your final UHV point by discovering Genetics and Stealth or something, and then you could go research Hydroponics and Aquaculture after that.

What you should do is make a tech that gives the civ that reserchs it a permanent stability bonus as I have newer seen a large empire last to long after the year 2000.

The problem with Germany's UHV could be overcome by making it "Be the first to research 3 Future Era technologies".

Top Bottom