Future of Major DLC for Civilization VII: Expansion or Pass?

Do you prefer GS or NFP type expansions?

• All large scale DLC should be one drop, GS and RF like.

Votes: 33 47.1%
  • All large scale DLC should be lengthy and resemble NFP.

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • There should be a mix of the two options, resembling Civ VI's route.

Votes: 31 44.3%

• Total voters
I still prefer full expansions, but something like civ 6 releases would be okay. I'm an avid rpg player too, and I don't like the trend towards smaller dlc releases. There isn't enough "time" in such a small release to tell a decent story. Not to mention limited content in general. No smaller dlc has done for me what great expansions have done for rpg games. I feel the same way about Civ games.

Games like civ6 also suffer from smaller dlc as we seen with Frontier pass. The expansions were more balanced and thought out. Not to mention more thematic as was the case with Gathering Storm that focused more on the environment.

I voted 3rd option, though I am fine with smaller dlc, I still prefer those to be civs or scenarios. I think more advanced concepts should be in expansions. I love the monopolies mode, but there are several issues with it that could use better balancing and more development and would have preferred that been in Gathering Storm.

I love the monopolies mode, but there are several issues with it that could use better balancing and more development and would have preferred that been in Gathering Storm.
Though even were it realeased with an expansion I think it should still be a mode which can be turned on or off.

I still prefer full expansions, but something like civ 6 releases would be okay. I'm an avid rpg player too, and I don't like the trend towards smaller dlc releases. There isn't enough "time" in such a small release to tell a decent story. Not to mention limited content in general. No smaller dlc has done for me what great expansions have done for rpg games. I feel the same way about Civ games.

Games like civ6 also suffer from smaller dlc as we seen with Frontier pass. The expansions were more balanced and thought out. Not to mention more thematic as was the case with Gathering Storm that focused more on the environment.
Yeah, and to be honest, I'm flummoxed by the fact that, despite seeing the disaster that NFP was, with all the problems that it brought (and the game is still suffering from), people are clamouring for it to become the main way of getting new content.

Yeah, and to be honest, I'm flummoxed by the fact that, despite seeing the disaster that NFP was, with all the problems that it brought (and the game is still suffering from), people are clamouring for it to become the main way of getting new content.
Well, the poll above is heartening :)

Well, ideally there would be a well thought out NFP again that didn't have bugs or other problems.

'Twas a good idea with poor execution.

Well, ideally there would be a well thought out NFP again that didn't have bugs or other problems.

'Twas a good idea with poor execution.
Honestly (setting aside the fact that you just described the entire game in a nutshell), that was inevitable. Firaxis just doesn't have the right combination of skill, time and resources to pull off NFP style releases. It takes a lot to do those kind of releases well, which Firaxis doesn't have, and so it was inevitable that it would be a bug ridden mess.

Top Bottom