Future...price for peace

robboo

Deity
What shoudl we give to Bismark to decalre peace. This is a hypothetical since he wont talk right now. BUT I want to have an instruction in the TCIT so if we are offered peace or Bismark wants to talk we can make an offer.

We all agree that we are not ready for an all out war, so I think 10 turn cease fire will allow us to prepare. I want to put in my instructiosn that the DP needs to check every turn if Germany will talk. On the turn that they do want to talk we should try to get a cease fire in order to prepare. NOW obviously if we are on the verge of talking Berlin then we will wait or at least try to get alot out of Bismark.

OR maybe it would be best to have a STOP order at this point where Bismark wants to talk.

I'm not sure this will work, robboo. Think about this: Bismark won't speak to us for 10 turns or so anway. In this time, we have no choice but to defend and hold our breath. I don't think anything major will happen in the war during that time. See my post here for an explination. So in turn 11 onward, we can begin to go on the offensive, since we should have a few troops starting to come out of barracks. Once we move them to the front, we will have no reason to get Bismark to the table, we will have the strategic advantage, although he won't see it. We take Berlin. He'll then see we mean business, and we won't have beg him to go to the table, we'll force him to the table. We'll get a tribute from him for 10 turns of peace.

Are we prepared to give anything to him? Does he think he can extort our resources with his aggression? Spit on him, I say, kick him in the pants and send him back to Berlin to enjoy the last moments of his time there, and to pack his bags in preparation for the move to his new palace.

OK ...bold talk. Any of you think that this could turn bad. What then? Die and dont give him anything. We need time to get troops just moved to the front. His core cities are right there...ours are a few turns away..he wins just because he can out troop us in those border cities.

We need to get time, our economy can not stand a large troop build up and long war. I was worried about the long term fallout from continuing the Mongolia War which is why we are here now. Our economy tanked and we could not buildup any troops..we over extended..a common newbie mistake in Civ 4. Now that opportunity is presented again....and we can over extend again and fall further behind in techs.

SO when do we talk..after Berlin falls...he will again refuse to talk. Do we keep going and run him into the sea. OR fight defensivly and hope he comes to the table.

I understand what both of you are saying..BUT i hope you understand that a 10 turn cease fire does not mean we wont attack him as soon as it ends. IT just lets us buil dup forces. Consider if we get Russia in thr war, and we get 10 turns of peace. Germany and Russia will fight while we prepare. We will then have an easier time attacking Germany.

BEfore we discuss peace, why don't we see how the first 10 turns of the war will play out (since he won't talk to us until then.) I mean, it may turn out where we need a cease-fire to begin launching an offensive, it may turn out where he becomes a major threat and we need a peace treaty, or it jsut may come out where we drain his forces and don't need a cease-fire or peace-treaty at all to take Berlin.

You need an official vote of the Citizens Assembly to make peace. So have it play out until you're ready for peace, stop play, and then we'll vote on it.

We can't do anything for 10 turns anyway.

Get those instructionms up there, the TC will be tomorrow. Hopefuly there will be more than just me. I would love to see a TC with 5+ people in it at the asme time. :)

I usually cant make the chats..
I am working on the instructions..let the discussions continue for more than a few hours. :)

Sigma I know about the assembly vote..this is more opinion poll type thing just to see what the peoples thoughts are.

Vind2 said:
Get those instructionms up there, the TC will be tomorrow. Hopefuly there will be more than just me. I would love to see a TC with 5+ people in it at the asme time. :)

It'll be in the middle of the night for me, so sorry, I won't be there.

I'm hopeful that we'll have a reasonable defence in ten turns if everyone does their bit for the war effort (I sound like me grandparents :lol: ). I think we should at least be able to hold the cities and possibly resources, even if some improvements are pillaged.

My worry is what happens if Bismarck attacks much sooner than that. I think Fetch is right that Bismarck probably won't speak to us no matter what we do within the next 10 turns, so a ceasefire is not an option - we simply to have to limit the damage as much as possible by getting units to Basillica quickly.

Top Bottom