Future Religions

There's no point to a future religion in the game, unless it came with like 5 missionaries and even then it would be under-powered.

Although it would give that inevitable late-game Great Prophet something to do ...

liberalism;) religous building white house holy city san fransisco

Conservatism. Capitol city would be the Abu Ghraib torture/rape rooms.

Joke ones-
Scientology
The nose religion from hitch hikers guide to galaxy
Light side
Dark side
The Betafor-worshiping cult

Real ones-
Zorastranism(sp)
Shintoism/animism

Jediism. If that doesn't make it in then there is no justice in the world

Bongo-Bongo said:
Jediism. If that doesn't make it in then there is no justice in the world

Who worships Jedi? :crazyeye: That's pretty dang silly. Do they light candles before images of Liam Neeson?

If Firaxis wanted to add new religions, I'd say Zoroastrianism (Spelt right? I dobut it) and an early Egyptian religion.

ChrTh said:
Who worships Jedi? :crazyeye: That's pretty dang silly. Do they light candles before images of Liam Neeson?

In the UK, when our last census occured in 2001, many people called for others to put Jedi down as their chosen religion. Apparentley, if enough people named this as their religion, then it would have to be classified as an official religion in the UK as it would represent a significant proportion of the population. From what I understand, it wasn't far off either.

I know, I was just joking. IIRC they tried the same thing is Australia. The problem is, Jedi is the name of a role, not a religion. No one lists themselves as Bishop when asked their religion.

It could be more detailed though. Offer some benefits and disadvantages although not be as good and not as beneficial as the other religions meaning you would have to switch eventually for the best benefits.

The Thracian said:
Chavism :p

Zoroastrianism, Paganism, Jainism and Sikhism would be the best to add
90% of the world are chavs 9% are civfanatics 1% is me

The Thracian said:
It could be more detailed though. Offer some benefits and disadvantages although not be as good and not as beneficial as the other religions meaning you would have to switch eventually for the best benefits.

Perhaps, but a few of the religions come so early.

I think that, unless you make them only available through costly 'Gateway' techs, adding more than 1 extra religion would only dilute the value of religion within the game. What I would rather see them do is focus their energy on providing means for players to 'differentiate' their current faiths-and to better simulate the conflict which can occur between different faiths and sects. Now THAT would be a great addition.

Aussie_Lurker.

Top Bottom