1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Future tech overdrive

Discussion in 'Civ2 - General Discussions' started by Lefty Scaevola, Oct 31, 2000.

1. Lefty Scaevola

Lefty Scaevola Moderatus Illuminatus Super Moderator

. Mr Hoffman has noted that the furture tech goes into overdrive at 167. I have experienced this twice with furture tech jumping from 1 a turn to 10/30 turn, but I did not record the level becuse I thought it was triggered by the date instead.
    . Anybody who has exprirence this please post here what you believe was the trigger.

------------------
    Gauis Mucius Scaevola
    Older, richer, and wiser than you.

2. Smash

Smash Super Lurker Retired Moderator

I noticed that also.Got something like 10 future techs in 1 turn.I had to get rid of all sceintists and science rate to keep it from "rolling over" as I have over 100 turns still to go.I thought it was a bug(I guess it is) that would ruin the game.

I will not be submitting it though.It'll probably be years till I finish it as it is boring as all heck.Closing in on 20000.DO NOT DO THIS.You will be sorry

3. Lefty Scaevola

Lefty Scaevola Moderatus Illuminatus Super Moderator

. Being 25 centuries old, I have more paitience for micromanging 254 cities.
    . Its similar to my job. Every morning people come and dump buckets of money on my desk, sometings it takes me to none to count, and I have to get help to carry it to the bank. VERY tedius.

------------------
    Gauis Mucius Scaevola
    Older, richer, and wiser than you.

4. Valdy.com

Valdy.com Hen features

Just thought I'd get this to the top again to throw things into disarray.

Enjoy!

5. Archbob

Archbob Ancient CFC Guardian

I usually stop around future tech 80-100 and just develop my civilization the rest of the way. I think I can easily get 15k points on warlord which I will do this summer.

6. goodbye_mr_bond

goodbye_mr_bond Ancient

This has happened to me a couple of times: I'll be in the final expansion phase, and my science will be very high. THen it says 0 discoveries per turn, or -1 per turn, but I'm still only getting 1 per turn. I haven't been able to get more than one per turn, and I don't know why. Any suggestions?

7. drake

drake Bring it

Future techs are useless and have no bearing on the game........so why would anyone care

8. TimTheEnchanter

TimTheEnchanter I...am...an Enchanter!

They have no bearing on the game, but they have a bearing on civ score.

------------------
    DEATH awaits you all...with nasty, big, pointy teeth.