1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Future Update - Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Mar 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Well since it's Babylon it would get all of its bonuses pretty quickly.
    With Hammurabi you can start with the Code of Laws Civic and double the yields of the palace and adjacency bonus of Govt. Plaza. Gain extra gold per turn for conquered cities.
    Civ Unique Ability: Wall of Babylon: Cities founded or conquered start with range attack and the strength of Ancient Walls. Ancient Walls have the strength of Medieval Walls while Medieval Walls have the Strength of Renaissance.
    Archer replacement that are better at attacking cities and defensible districts.
    Library replacement that yields more science and great scientist points per turn.

679x and Kmart_Elvis like this.
  2. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

I think being a city-state style civ could suit Babylon...which only increases my proclivity to have Assyria instead. ;) NB the Assyrian homeland is in northern Mesopotamia; their city list would overlap even less with Sumer's. (Might overlap a little with Persia's, but happily they spoke different languages. It's not like we've never had Istanbul and Constantinople [why did Constantinople get the works? That's nobody's business but the Turks] in the same game before. :p ) Whether we get Babylon or Assyria, I want an Observatory as their unique building, perhaps replacing the Shrine. Babylo-Assyrian astronomy is the foundation of Western astronomy.

CPWimmer and Kimiimaro like this.
  3. XX36789

XX36789 Chieftain

Would be neat if there was a unique building that interacted with Eurekas in some way.

679x and SammyKhalifa like this.
  4. Datgingah

Datgingah Warlord

Could have a mayan pyramid to do that. Each time you gain era score gain + 5 of each great person points.

679x likes this.
  5. Timothy001

Timothy001 Prince

My hope is:
    First depot, DLC: 8 alt base game leaders
    Second depot, DLC: 8 alt Leaders for first 6dlc, R&F , GS
    Third Depot, New expansion, new leaders including some missing Civs, plus some new civs

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
    VermelhoRed likes this.
  6. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

would be nice. I am hoping for a big update first do within 3 weeks after announcement.

7. Timothy001

Timothy001 Prince

An update first would be nice. Fix some problems (Pantheons) etc.

RohirrimElf likes this.
  8. Loderingo

Loderingo Warlord

I can definitely see the demand for alternate leaders for the base game civs as these tend to be the biggest and longest lived nations. I would like to see:

Rameses - military focused Egypt
    Constantine - religion focused Rome
    Louis XIV - military focused France
    Bismarck - diplomacy focussed Germany

I'm not sure about alternate leaders for the R&F, DLC and GS civs. I would struggle to come up with 8 alternate leaders for these.

9. Alexander's Hetaroi

I still would prefer Assyria as well, but being a playable city-state for Babylon would be quite unique. Observatory would also work as a Library replacement too although I was thinking more along the lines of like a Tablet House since science and faith would feel too similar to the Maya which I've previously mentioned.

I considered a science building for Assyria but then I found something I liked better: the Ekal Māšarti which translates to a review palace (or armory/arsenal). It could be an Armory replacement that comes at Bronze Working that gives loyalty or governor promotion in addition to the other bonuses an armory gives. It can also allow Assyria to build Military Engineers earlier unlocking at Masonry making them an early game military powerhouse. Not to mention a Siege Engine UU which acts as a melee catapult in the Ancient era.

Royal Library UB in Govt. Plaza would still work for Science/Great Works if Ashurbanipal is leader.

Zaarin likes this.
  10. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

I'm not fond of a library replacement for two reasons: Babylon and especially Assyria were both famous for their libraries, and astronomy was studied for religious purposes, i.e., astrology, which makes a religious replacement make sense.

I like the idea, but I'd make it replace the Barracks personally--early Armory feels potentially game-breaking.

I love this. Further: "After building the Royal Library, gain a unique Great Writer Sîn-lēqi-unninni who creates a single Great Work: Epic of Gilgamesh." :D

11. Wielki Hegemon

Wielki Hegemon Emperor

Alt leaders are the last thing I am looking for in a possible new DLC. Don't get me wrong, they are ok, if you get ones as a bonus for a pack of new civs. Not if you get them as a standalone feature. I don't expect any DLC only with alt leaders to be successful, to be honest. It would be kinda disappointing. Are you guys serious, you would be happy if the first long-awaited piece of new Civilization content would turn out to be an alt-leader? Come on!

LMT, Inawordyes, Kjimmet and 5 others like this.
  12. pokiehl

pokiehl Emperor

Agreed. I like having another alt here or there, but I really don't want an entire pack of them. I'd prefer all new content.

I think they've had the best approach so far - add an alt with each expansion but in general the mechanic is best served by modders.

13. Alexander's Hetaroi

Which is why my thinking that a Tablet House would work as an enhanced "Library" like the Roman Bath is an enhanced "Aqueduct."

I can see that but I am also thinking of unique replacements we don't have in the game yet which is why I thought of an unique Armory over one for the Barracks/Encampment.

This was my idea but yours is also interesting.
    Grants two Great Work of Writing slots. When the slots are filled they produce science. The building gains extra production when producing military units if the slots are not filled.

Zaarin likes this.
  14. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

Mayhaps this could work.

Scotland: James VI, also being alt leader of England.
    Persia: A Sassanid, like Khosrow II or Khosrow I.
    Poland: Jan III Sobieski, perhaps, as a thematic leader when Poland has them winged hussars...
    Netherlands: Willem van Oranje.
    Sweden: Gustav II Adolf or Karl XII to balance Kristina's cultured side with a bit of war.
    Ottoman Empire: Mahmud II or Abdülmecid I, late Ottoman Sultans who attempted to reorganise and modernise the Empire.
    Mongolia: Kublai Khan to bring a bit of culture and administration to the Mongol Empire (and China).
    Phoenicia: Possibly Hannibal Barca, since this game's Phoenicia is Carthage in everything but name.

679x and Zaarin like this.
  15. Alexander's Hetaroi

The problem with another leader for the Ottomans is they wouldn't have Janissaries although I guess a later leader after they were dissolved would rectify the reason.

Well he would definitely have to come with War Elephants.

Then again I'm not under the impression that any DLC civs would get alt. leaders though I would take Kublai Khan.

16. DJ_Tanner

DJ_Tanner Emperor

Economic VC or riot.

RohirrimElf likes this.
  17. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

To be honest, with Mahmud II, you could make his leader ability out of that, since, apart from paving way for Tanzimat enacted by Abdülmecid I, probably the most important feat of his reign was the abolishment of by the time too politically powerful and corrupt Janissaries :p You could make upgrading units under Mahmud II much cheper, for expample.

18. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

A few weeks later, Firaxis add a Riots mechanic to the game. They regret nothing.

679x, CPWimmer, Jkchart and 8 others like this.
  19. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

Dont ask firaxis to troll us. As they might actually do it.

679x, Inawordyes, Meluhhan and 6 others like this.
  20. Neirai

Neirai the Forgiven

Patch note: If you fail to stay in the lead for an economic victory, your citizens may riot!
    Please note that there is no economic victory; this is by design.

Zaarin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.