Future Update - Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Mar 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArallanKing

ArallanKing Warlord

Can we get other leaders for each existing civs? :')

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2020
    conorbebe likes this.
  2. criZp

criZp Emperor

would be cool but probably takes a lot of effort to do animations and voice recordings, with a rather small gameplay effect, unfortunately. so not gonna happen I think.

3. conorbebe

conorbebe King

Still holding out hope for a "Classic Leaders Pack" with the likes of Napoleon, Elizabeth, Catherine, Otto, Isabella etc.

4. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Well I didn't mean that a Zealot unit would work directly like a Warrior Monk unit would. Same goes for a Crusader or Pilgrim unit.
    That's why they would be under different beliefs, like I said.

5. acluewithout

acluewithout Deity

Me too.

People sometimes say FXS won’t do something like this, because for all the effort to make leaders etc they could have just made a full Civ. But I think that misses the real question.

Basically, I could see FXS doing Alt leaders quite happily, provided they think fans would buy them and that the money generated would be more than from doing something else (eg full Civilizations or even working on another game entirely).

Personally, I think leader packs focused on “classic” leaders would sell very well, and would be very tempting for FXS to produce once the game is fully fleshed out and all the fan favourite Civs are already in the game. I’d expect the packs themselves would sell well, better than new non-favourite Civ’s, but would perhaps also drive more sales of the game generally as people see their favourite leaders in the game.

Put another way, I don’t think we’d get Lizzie 1 or Napoleon rather than say Portugal. But I could see getting Lizzie and Napoleon instead of, say, Nauru as a Civ. (Sorry Nauru. Nothing personal.)

Guess we’ll have to wait and see.

Commenting on these posts here instead of their original thread, because I don’t want to clog up the Future Update Steam DB thread. (btw, really like having a dedicated thread just for the DB. Much easier to find news.)

The lack of Mac testing suggests to me we’re very far off anything being released. I also wonder if having so many different builds is because people are working on multiple things remotely because everyone is WFH? FXS might just be finding it easier to access some things via Steam as part of making remote working work.

Anyway. Seems like we’re not getting anything soon either way.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    conorbebe likes this.
  6. Neirai

Neirai the Forgiven

I'd like a "Villainous Leaders Pack" with uhh names that would never fly.

At least Sukrit produced Robespierre. And JFD made that German guy. Need an evil English leader (Richard III? Bloody Mary?) and Stalin. And a few others.

On the subject of alt leaders, I'd also love to see a "Holy Roman Empire" civ, where it comes with a new leader (Charlemagne?) but all of the civs with leaders who claimed to be Holy Roman Emperor or Empress could also lead it.

Civ 6's Euro lineup is stacked with HRE claimants so if I recall correctly, they could be led by:

Barbarossa
    Catherine De Medici
    Phillip II
    Matthias

I've probably missed a few.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2020
    WillowBrook and conorbebe like this.
  7. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

HRE didn't exactly go over well when it was in previous civ games.

j51 likes this.
  8. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the Ursu Kingdom

That'd be cool for some sort of anniversary thing... that is unless we're getting a hot-tub (bonus points if you get the reference).

Stilll lowkey disappointed that Isabella never arrived. That damn leader bingo was a lie!

mitsho, conorbebe and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  9. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

But with leaders being able to lead more than one civ, I could see it working if they come up with a creative design for the civ. Not that it's anywhere near the top of my wish list.

10. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

In my opinion we already have a "Holy Roman Empire" civ when they announced that Barbarossa would be leading Germany, disregarding the U-Boat.

j51 and TheMarshmallowBear like this.
  11. MrRadar

MrRadar Deity

Well, Runner, Plaid, and now Zoomzoom. A certain pattern starts to emerge: somebody just can't stay put. It's all about movement and doing it fast. :think:

RohirrimElf likes this.
  12. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Zoomzoom could be a reference to the Zoom app which various Firaxians (among countless others; it's pretty popular) have mentioned using for meetings now that everyone is WFH.

Meluhhan, Inawordyes, Kjimmet and 6 others like this.
  13. Neirai

Neirai the Forgiven

The other obvious connotation is that it's the sales motto of Mazda.

It cements the idea that all of these codenames are related to speed, even plaid.
    Although I wonder if the idea that each of them are related to a DLC content isn't valid, too...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2020
    blackcatatonic likes this.
  14. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

What it says to me is "We're working as fast as we can".

WorldWarIV, AntSou, Meluhhan and 14 others like this.
  15. giut

giut Chieftain

I think the same.
    Now that we have 3 DLC depots, I have my doubts about a 3rd exp, but who knows?

16. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

With 3 DLCs depots, I'm now convinced, again, that we gonna get smaller DLCs packs instead of an expansion. I might go back again into believing this is an expansion later, idk.

RohirrimElf likes this.
  17. Teutonic_Tirade

Teutonic_Tirade Chieftain

Perhaps they are coming out with an update, maybe containing new mechanics and then 3+ smaller dlcs, such as new civs/scenarios.

18. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

This is the first day in many weeks that i checked in when the day was almost over (monday). Normally i cant resist the temptation to peek.
    But then i thought for a moment a real dlc has reached us with zoomzoom without checking twitter. Almost hyped.
    Firaxis might be officially trolling us. Next dlc depot will be dontblink, hurryup or soonTM. Refresh rate would be high on civfanatics.

MrRadar and CPWimmer like this.
  19. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

My current unfounded speculation: there will be a season ticket type set of DLC announced in the next 4-6 weeks. We'll see one more empty depot added before then, for a total of four DLC coming out over the next 8-12 months with 2 new civs per DLC and 10 achievements per DLC.

Haig likes this.
  20. Kmart_Elvis

Kmart_Elvis King

Zoomzoom = Mazda slogan = Ahura Mazda of Zoroastrianism. Maybe a rework of religion?

RohirrimElf likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.