[GS] Future Update?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Aussie_Lurker, Sep 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. giut

giut Chieftain

If a spin off of Civ VI is on the march, I hope it will be a Colonization remake, and came with a DLC with Latinamerican Civs like Colombia or Argentina for Civ VI, maybe with a mechanic of colonialism. I remember mods using the leaders from Colonization in Civ IV

2. Kaan Boztepe

Kaan Boztepe Prince

yes please, i will take 2 steam keys.

3. AntSou

AntSou Deity

I'm of the opposite opinion. I don't see how anything of the sort would require anything more than a scenario within Civ VI, and I would find it a waste of time and effort to create a new historical game with specific mechanics rather than extend on the Civ VI experience.

Anything historical doesn't require a spin off in my opinion.

Sci-Fi or Fantasy? Sure.

riddleofsteel likes this.
  4. Deggial

Deggial Emperor

Since I've written about my desire of a Mater of Magic remake some pages ago, I can't stop thinking about this!

As nice as Sci-Fi 4X games are, I've found that I somehow can't connet with them. All those futuristic technologies simply don't ring. I understand this is completely personal!
    But it was true for Beyond Earth as well as for the new AoW Planetfall.

Unfortunately - as so often (if not allways) - fantasies about how awesome a game might be will not be met by the real thing. Which is to be expected, as fan fantasies are not the fantasies of the developers. Therefore, as much as I want an as close as possible recreation of this old gem, it won't be it.

Actually, I've even thought to get me a new MoM copy from GOG. Apparently, It does work under Windows 10?
    But I don't know, whether or not I will be able to stand the (probable) windowed mode ... and the abysmal low resolution.
    And then there is this warning: "Please be advised that Windows 10 operating system will receive frequent hardware driver and software updates following its release; this may affect game compatibility".
    So will it continue to work?

So, in the best of all worlds (Myrror?), a developer would just take pitty of me and create a modern version of the game with as many of the old features as possible ... :please:

---

Edit: searching the web a bit, I've found out that Slitherine actually bought the rights for MoM! (So Firaxis won't produce anything close.)
    And they've stated that they want to produce a sequal that honors the original!
    I am excited! :)
    Unfortunately, the deal was reported in the middle of 2019, so it will take quite a while until the game will launch (if the plans come to fruition, that is).

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  5. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Well, I've been gone for about over a week and it looks like nothing new.
    Spring update though?

I would say that a Sci-Fi or Fantasy could easily be in a scenario as well, based on the fact that we have an apocalyptic Red Death.
    Mythology scenario comes to my mind with already existing Civs.

6. pokiehl

pokiehl Emperor

I personally would prefer content for the Civ VI basegame. I'm not interested in any spin-offs or scenarios.

7. Deggial

Deggial Emperor

Of course!

But usually, spin-offs are made by diffenent teams.

So the mem applies:

SolInvictus likes this.
  8. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Were you around on Wednesday? If not, you may want to look again.

9. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Sorry, I meant to say no official news from them as in update, DLC, or expansion was announced.
    I did see today that a code name "runner" popped up on Steam.

Duuk, RohirrimElf and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  10. AsH2

AsH2 Prince

It seems like there are some server issues needed to take care of first - games are broken when playing by cloud..
    (and in ordinary internet MP the tech/civic trees are not showing and you can't close game -
    edit: that seems to be a broken game on my side because seed has lost value [showing nil].. are there any fix/workaround?)..

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  11. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

a couple of more weeks in hibernation would not be that problematic most likely at this point.
    No new content on the horizon for the near future.

Meluhhan likes this.
  12. darko82

darko82 Emperor

They are also already working on Civ VII. It's obvious.

13. seancolorado

seancolorado Deity

How is it obvious? I haven't followed any news in a while and 168 pages is too many to read. I hope we get DLC with civs at least

14. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Prince

How is it obvious again?

AntSou and Hawke9 like this.
  15. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

Well I'm sure at the very least there's been preliminary discussion of it.

16. AvianBritish

AvianBritish King

I'm sure there are ideas being thrown about about things they want to have in Civ7 that they can't presently put into Civ6. (Like the idea of a globe and I would love for better land levels; not just flat, hill and mountain) but I'm getting distracted...

PAX is only 3 days away. I'm looking forward to it if we hear something, anything, there. Of course I would prefer a new Civ mostly as after 3,164 hours I would like to hear a fresh peice of music or some new units or buildings or stratagy. However a new leader or two would be nice for some fresh faces.

17. Jeppetto

Jeppetto King

I bet on tommorrow or Thursday of this week to be the day this era of darkness will end.

18. MisterBoomBoom

MisterBoomBoom King

Package name or clue...not sure...and who knows. What immediately came to my mind (as with disasters for Vesuvius) was a Running Man or Blade Runner reference. Perhaps they are working on a package for the later eras. Again, who knows. Speculate.

https://nypost.com/2019/02/02/how-blade-runner-and-the-running-man-predicted-our-lives-decades-ago/

19. Deggial

Deggial Emperor

This game has been played too often.
    I’m tired of it.

Jkchart, Icicle and Elhoim like this.
  20. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.