[GS] Future Update?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Aussie_Lurker, Sep 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. giut

giut Chieftain

Many companies release games with gaps in the console versions (see Maxis with Sims 4). I own Civ in PC and Switch, and for me it doesn't matter if the release where simultaneous or not, I just want to know that something is coming

2. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

The only guarantee so far that Civ VI is not done is because they have not yet released the DLL codes, correct?

So it means something is bound to happen but the question is what and when.

If only devs can have some hints to speculate about. We already have a dry spell of news here for so long.

3. AntSou

AntSou Deity

No. We don't know if they'll release those.

We know it's not done because there's actual activity on steamdb.

CPWimmer and nauberry like this.
  4. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Super Moderator

No, the only guarantee (edit: that Civ VI is not done) is that there is a new depot on steam.

The DLL source code is not a guarantee and may never be released. It's also not a sign of development ending as it was released very early for civ4 and before the second expansion for civ5.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
    RohirrimElf, sonicmyst and AntSou like this.
  5. Deliverator

Deliverator Graphical Hackificator

From my understanding the new depot confirms that there will be a new release for Civ VI and that it will cost money.

6. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Super Moderator

Yes, edited for clarity.

Dark_Jedi06 and Hawke9 like this.
  7. SirWill90

SirWill90 Warlord

I guess someone getting an announced promotion on the Civ team sort of implies that it is still a going concern. Not to be Pollyanna.

8. ehecatzin

ehecatzin Emperor

+1

I think IF expansion #3 is coming, getting the fan favourite civs would be the first priority, but I don't see them adding more leaders than we've getting already, after all the most time consuming part of civ developing is the animation itself (character design and all), weather you like the style or not, the animation is top notch, and that takes time.

That said if they indeed got extra time I hope they make good use of it to polish whatever new mechanic they want to implement and take a good look into mechanics that could use it (I'm looking at you religous and diplo victory)

9. timmychompchomp

timmychompchomp Chieftain

Yesterday I read on this forum that the youtube link was removed from their Steam page. If I were about to upload a video that I did not want leaked and had issues previously with videos popping up in places prematurely, I might pull my link down for the time being while I upload the new video.

I do remember something, somewhere, appearing and being removed early. If I was preloading the announcement video, I may disable my external links to the platform that hosts the content out of an abundance of caution. Also, Kevin posted about how proud he was of his work on the video updates. I took it as a tongue in cheek post, reminiscing about him forcing people to get in front of the cameras when they might not have wanted to do so.

Either way, I think a video is coming soon based on his post, and the removing of the link.

acluewithout likes this.
  10. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

Come on firaxis. Paradox just announced the next expansion for europa universalis 4. Only you can top this by announcing a third expansion for civ 6. Breaching NDA would be acceptable.

11. Jkchart

Jkchart Emperor

I'm not sure anymore what to think.

I think something is coming, I don't know what, but the lack of news beyond meaningless tweets is frustrating to say the least.

And here I was getting excited.

Hawke9, acluewithout and RohirrimElf like this.
  12. Xandinho

Xandinho Deity

What I think that is gonna happen:
    8 - civs and 9 leaders (close the game with 50 civs. Maya, Portugal and Babylon are almost 100% possible)
    7 or 8 wonders (average of R&F and GS. Statue of Zeus is the wonder that I most sure that would be in the 3xpac)
    Some mechanics that are quite demanded by the public and fan base: desease, pragues, corporations, economic victory, migratory movements, expanded colonization, etc...For me, economic victory is the thing that I most want to see. Pragues also would be nice. We could have new emergences related with epidemics and economic crisis.
    New units, just like: Composite Bowman, Trebuchet, Longswordsman...
    New districts, buildings and improvements that I want to see: Cut renaissance walls and add Castle district (it is quite strange that there is no a thing like this in the game), hospitals, circus (alternative building for zoo), astronomical observatory (can be an improvement or alternative building for university), Mandir and Basilica (tier3 holy site buildings), garden (city center adjacent to a river or lake, provides tourism and amenity)...

RohirrimElf and aguaacrobata2 like this.
  13. Gyrofalcon

Gyrofalcon Warlord

Agree with "Runner" DLC is something we must pay for.
    Opening App ID 1253990 "runner", I can see that in the package it includes 3 SubID's 435300 - 435302, Billing Type = CD Key.

Hawke9 likes this.
  14. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

I don't know why anyone would expect something imminently after the appearance of Runner - wasn't there a delay of around 2 months between the appearance of the relevant SteamDB entry and the announcement (not release, announcement) of GS?

Frankly I feel much happier about the situation now that I know that something is coming, and likely something big (as I said in a previous post, the longer we wait, the more likely that is). The hardest part of waiting between November and now has been the lack of certainty that there was anything coming at all. Runner has clarified that. It's much easier to be patient when you know you're actually waiting for something.

15. Jkchart

Jkchart Emperor

You're not wrong, but the lack of communication at all has just been frustrating overall.

Hawke9 and RohirrimElf like this.
  16. josgre987

josgre987 Chieftain

The wait is agonizing. Knowing something is coming has slowed my days down to a crawl.

RohirrimElf and Jkchart like this.
  17. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

The longer between the appearance of a DLC app and a depot and the announcement, the greater the indication that it's a full-blown expansion.

Hawke9, nauberry, WorldWarIV and 9 others like this.
  18. josgre987

josgre987 Chieftain

We can only hope. I heard a rumor that it could have something to do with plagues and was delayed out of respect for people with coronavirus.

RohirrimElf likes this.
  19. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

That sounds like a silly rumor.

20. pokiehl

pokiehl Emperor

That's less "rumor" and more "baseless speculation."

conorbebe, Meluhhan, Kjimmet and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.