[GS] Future Update?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Aussie_Lurker, Sep 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Metecury

Metecury Prince

I would also add something like the social policies from 5, I think the concept could be paired with the governments. One thing is the state , another matte ris society as a whole. It would be nice to have more flavor.

acluewithout likes this.
  2. Francel

Francel Madam Secretary

Regarding plague mechanics, what do you have in mind?

Would health replace or supplement housing? The sewer, for instance, currently gives housing.

I would like to see more civs and wonders too. I'd like national wonders to return and also more stuff of all sorts that can be built in the city center (doesn't consume a tile).

3. The Kingmaker

The Kingmaker Alexander

Health should be a factor determined by available foods, housing, hygiene and access to medicine.

4. ggalindo001

ggalindo001 Warlord

If there is a patch -- a few items that would be nice:

1. Esp. on higher difficulties -- make friendships and alliances more difficult to get and more importantly maintain. As it stands right now, once you have an alliance, you can autopilot it without real fear. You should only be able to enter into an alliance if you are fully fulfilling the other leader's agenda -- this would make it much more difficult and more meaningful. And alliances should not renew unless you are still fully fulfilling the other leader's agenda in the early game, and then in later game, maybe same idiology (let's hope that there is an XP3 and it focuses here)

2. Make sending a delegation upon first meeting more difficult. I think we have all figured out that the AI will accept a delegation when you first meet, before your end of turn, but if you wait one turn, it becomes difficult in many cases. Clearly there is a modifier that is being used that doesn't get populated until the turn ends -- if it could be populated as soon as you meet them, it would be more "realistic"

3. Back to alliances -- they should work as defensive pacts -- which would make risk/reward a little more strategic. If I have an alliance with Mongolia, I know it is likely I am going to have to do some fighting along with it.

Something that I have really liked -- as I am exploring, seeing new names of places (rivers, etc.) before meeting the civilization is a nice touch. I know others might complain about that (or that XXXX is trading with YYYYY before you have found XXXXX), but I like it.

Aussie_Lurker likes this.
  5. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

To add on I think that once a plague gets severe enough there is the possibility for you to name it and it could acquire random promotions that may make it a little more difficult to stop.

For instance a plague with a waterborne promotion travels faster through cities next to a river or have sewers.

I have already talked about a new Pandemic Emergency in the World Congress too to fight the spread of a particular plague.

I think another district: Medical Facility is needed. It can stop the spread of diseases based on the level of buildings it has such as a hospital can reach other cities four tiles away while an apothecary could only benefit that city early game.

Jkchart and The Kingmaker like this.
  6. The Kingmaker

The Kingmaker Alexander

Put the apothecary and the hospital (and maybe the sewer) in the aqueduct district, which doesn't have buildings yet and is already built for a pseudo-health purpose. Modern building could be the clinic?

Move the granary and water mill out of the city center into a new food-themed district. If not built next to water, the water mill is only a regular mill, with diminished returns. The third building could be a warehouse/storehouse or whatever else fits.

Leave the monument in the city center, subsequent buildings could be built based on the governments you choose, or whatever else. Royal Court, Houses of Parliament, and Forum all come to mind.

Icicle and Flaxitux like this.
  7. 7daysofwar

7daysofwar Warlord

Suggestion as modern building, a water treatment plant. It has the same purpose as the aquaduct to provide fresh water to cities. It could prevent diseases spreading through water and also giving health since it gives clean water, or is the building too modern?

8. Kaan Boztepe

Kaan Boztepe Prince

the problem with health and infrastructure to improve it , is very new in terms of history. The last 2 centuries have seen all those improvements that actually stopped diseases from being rampant and making them actually treatable. I dont see how you could incorparate them to the game in any meaningful manner , except maybe cause all big cities to automatically get diseases and reduce pop until industrial era , which isnt a fun way to play for everyone.
    I remember civ3 had a hard block on pop until hospital which just meant you had to continously build settlers in every city until you had researched the tech.
    In Civ VI we are already encouraged to play ICS style and to put a health/diesase on top of its current state, is really not necessary.
    If there is a need to introduce new buildings or reorganize some old districts , I could see governmental buildings for improving loyalty ( after making loyalty take negative multiplier a huge increase all across ) as a better way to introduce new district buildings. We already have tons of examples from previous civ versions for that.
    Or again for new buildings or changing concepts , we need a lot more money drain for military and buildings. at the moment we have too much money where i buy a building every turn after industrial usually start even at renaisance.

SammyKhalifa and acluewithout like this.
  9. The Kingmaker

The Kingmaker Alexander

Saw an interesting idea recently.

Bring back barbarian warlords a la Civ2. Barbarians who are undefeated for a long time can spawn warlords like Attila or Alaric, who will provide unique bonuses to their horde and lead them on more aggressive missions.

They could demand payment not to attack you, or you could bribe them to attack a neighbor.

They might try to take over free cities or city-states without suzerainty to make their own petty kingdoms.

Killing a warlord could grant you a bounty, especially if a city-state or Civ requests it.

Capturing a barbarian-held town could uncover the horde’s hoard or captured gold and relics.

Basically, we need more complex interactions with non-Civ humans.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    Icicle, Ondolindë, Kjimmet and 8 others like this.
  10. Metecury

Metecury Prince

They should also bring back war between city states and make way for some actual proxy wars.

Removing the gifting unit option was a massive mistake, in 5 you used to be able to help a city state or ai civ without going to war, was also super fun in multiplayer with friends when you finance both sides with resources and units.

Icicle, Kjimmet, oakdragon and 3 others like this.
  11. The Kingmaker

The Kingmaker Alexander

I would couple ideology with religion and make it a card-based system you can socket like with governments.

Imagine in the classical era, choosing to evolve your animism, deciding between polytheism, monotheism and henotheism.

You get three deity slots for poly’, two for heno’, and one for mono’.

There would also be slots for rituals and beliefs.

Monotheism might compensate for only one deity with more wild cards.

As you advance, you’ll gradually switch from pantheon cards to religion cards, made from the current religion beliefs.

You might have a religion with god of war, stone circles, ancestor worship, sacred path, zen meditation and cathedrals. Or whatever.

Each civ’s ideology would be very different.

The official religions would still be there, and you could choose a state religion if you want (especially easy if you founded it), but that means that Buddhism as practiced in Japan might be very different from what they’re doing in India.

Religions could also evolve. Catholicism as practiced in the Middle Ages could be very diffferent than in the modern era.

12. darkace77450

darkace77450 Emperor

Mid-Game Focus (Medieval and Renaissance Eras):
    • A health/disease mechanic, complete with a medical ward district with apothecary, hospital, and water treatment buildings and a new plague outbreak emergency.
    • Expanded colonization and vassalage mechanics, with colonization being both more difficult and more rewarding.

Late-Game Focus (Industrial Era onward):
    • Ideological blocs and global conflict/warfare.
    • Some kind of mechanism to make proxy wars a thing.
    • The ability to gift military units to city-states.

And of course there's a litany of Civilizations, Alternate Leaders, and Wonders I'd still like to see in the game, including but not limited to:
    • Civilizations: Babylon, Maya, Portugal, Byzantium, and the Apache or Navajo.
    • Alternate Leaders: Ramses II, William of Orange, Elizabeth*, Louis XIV*, George Washington, and Wu Zetian.
    • Wonders: Statue of Zeus, Parthenon, Notre Dame, and the Leaning Tower.
    * GS's inclusion of Eleanor makes either of these highly unlikely, but a man can dream.

13. The Kingmaker

The Kingmaker Alexander

Let’s add Ivan the Terrible and Kublai Khan to those alternate leader choices.

conorbebe and Aussie_Lurker like this.
  14. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

I'd personally leave the aqueduct and sewer as is as I don't see the need to put medical buildings in an aqueduct district.
    Also I did have in mind for a clinic for the tier 3 building which would work like a stadium or powerplant building spreading its bonuses out further. I would add ambulances coming in and out of the building when you add a clinic to represent the farther extent of the bonuses.

15. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

With all due respect to everyone, adding a health mechanic and a health district is to me and the way I play, just adding stuff for the sake of adding stuff. We already have housing, which is basically the same thing with a different name; and while buildings like hospital are worthy of a comeback, they could tweak the already existing mechanic if that's where you want to go.

Hospitals could go in neighborhoods; which not only makes sense in a roleplaying sense, but also creates demand for a currently under-used district.

16. The Kingmaker

The Kingmaker Alexander

I’m thinking of the hospital as a medieval building, which would precede the advent of neighborhoods.

I think an ancient apothecary building would also be a worthy addition.

17. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

I suppose sewers could go on the AQ too, if you wanted (just make sure your workers don't confuse the two pipes).

18. acluewithout

acluewithout Deity

Agreed. Disease, Corporations and Slavery are all stuff I put in the bucket of “adequately represented in abstract with current mechanics; wouldn’t actually improve gameplay if added; ultimately would just mean more busy work”.

There is bigger stuff FXS should focus on.

19. darkace77450

darkace77450 Emperor

One last thing I'd like to see make it into Civ6 before the book's closed is an Economic Victory, and possibly corporations. I'm all about asymmetry in 4x games, so various victory conditions naturally appeals to me. I'm not sure how they could implement such a feature without it being a "accumulate piles of gold to win" scenario, but I'm sure they could come up with something interesting.

Alexander's Hetaroi likes this.
  20. The Kingmaker

The Kingmaker Alexander

Perhaps if the other civs are all dependent upon your economy?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.