[GS] Future Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
saying things without really saying anything. I still don't know what's going on or if anything is even happening.
With reference to this thread, the next patch, I'm sure, we all get a real real hint within 8 days.

With general content you could try to receive your personal message via dreaming.
Or try ZEN. Meditation to hear (&understand) the silence behind the ego, which is talking all the time, works since thousands of years.
(Like seeing the structure of the empty space behind a trillion suns ... Bastet be with us! :D)
Would Kevin have come in here all cheery and telling jokes if something wasn't planned to be announced soon?
[...]
And how long would it be between these taunts and actual content coming out?
I'd say the final packs of DLC just in time for Xmas 2020.

Aaaaaargh.

Now, I would buy a 40 dollars expansion: "War and peace", only to have Sean Bean reading Tolstoy in the background for the entire game,

And would still feel like I have my money's worth.

And I am a Dostoyevsky guy...

Look what have you done to me!

I want my Christmass back FXS!

Make me feel complete again!

Hello there civfanatics, I came out of lurking today and now I finally can have my say on XP3 :lol:

To me it doesn't seem strange that they haven't announced a third XP so close after the Switch release. Let the new buyers play during the holidays, and then announce an XP somewhere end of January...

It seems equally obvious to me that there will be a third XP for a number of reasons:

They have said multiple times they were not done yet.
A couple of truly essential civs are still missing
Platinum Edition is not Complete Edition
But mainly: so much could still be added, why stop now when multiple platforms have been added to the customer base...?

I think Civ 6 is a pretty solid game now, but it lacks interesting economy and trade options and late game is still rather uninspired and generic compared to the earlier ages, even with GS addded.

Personally, without adding an Economic Victory the game cannot be called finished imo...

I could see an overhaul to the trade system with added colonial/globalisation options, perhaps a market share mechanic (ranked seaports/centers of trade, or even a mini xp that revamps tourism by tying in airports?)

I'd also die to see regional gameplay that helps with late game drag, where several cities under the right conditions can merge into a metropolitan region that unlocks new district gameplay or enables mega ventures like skytrain or terraforming projects that sink huge amounts of production and gold but help contribute to certain victories... (but perhaps the scope of this is indeed something for the next iteration...)

Anyway, not the place to elaborate on suggestions just my two cents on a possible XP3 on the horizon...:thumbsup:

Am I the only one who occasionally cuts the Animal Husbandry quote off intentionally because it's amusing to hear Sean Bean simply state his fondness for pigs? :mischief:
Definitely not just you.

Aspyr's "send to 2K" builds updated a bit ago. If they don't get rejected, it's conceivable that the patch could happen next Thursday the 19th.
Summoning circle, please work...

Aspyr's "send to 2K" builds updated a bit ago. If they don't get rejected, it's conceivable that the patch could happen next Thursday the 19th.

I hate to be a spoilsport, but keep in mind the Mac version at least (not sure about Linux) still needs tweaking along playability lines for the "current" patch, so I don't think this necessarily means anything "new" is coming.

I hate to be a spoilsport, but keep in mind the Mac version at least (not sure about Linux) still needs tweaking along playability lines for the "current" patch, so I don't think this necessarily means anything "new" is coming.

We've been spoiled a bit with new maps and a scenario in the last few patches, but I don't think anyone is earnestly expecting patches to be content-heavy. Their purpose is to fix and balance.

https://twitter.com/CivGame/status/1205184324548493312?s=19

Now I can't stop thinking about Mansa Musa as Notorious B.I.G.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't realize there was anything to the quote other than "I am fond of pigs", which I can distinctly hear in my head.

You folks must be kidding. That quote, in it's entirety is one of the best in the game.

Pigs treat us as equals!

They are just warming up the twitter to get this announcement out:

"Nobody asked for it. We did it anyway: Civilization VI Racing"
Well why not. The characters are the different civ leaders. The stages are randomly generated based on scripts like africa, europe, america. Power-ups transform your leader into a unique unit, granting increased speed, or extra push power, or some sort of attack to use against other racers. The greek hoplite turns your kart into a row of carts. The indian varu turns your cart into a big, stomping elephant. Englands redcoat spawns redcoats all over the stage, and they shoot at carts that are nearby. Americas P51 turn you into an airplane capable of performing a strafe run of the carts below.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom