1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Future Update?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Aussie_Lurker, Sep 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

When they were initially describing support units, that's what I thought they were. You could add siege support to melee units to allow them to bombard cities, ranged support to give them cover fire, and cavalry support to increase movement speed.

Elhoim, kaspergm, Kjimmet and 4 others like this.
  2. Askia Muhammad

Askia Muhammad Chieftain

I’d like to see them do away with trade routes lasting a specific amount of time. I don’t understand the reasoning behind locking trade routes in. Why can’t they go on as long or as short as I desire?

I think similarly about friendships and/alliances. I understand why alliances last for a specific number of turns but I don’t believe they should ever prevent you from being able to counter a snowballing ally. Can emergencies at least allow us to attack our allies?

Duuk likes this.
  3. AntSou

AntSou Emperor

So that we're back to everybody complaining about unreliable allies? I think it's fine as it is.

As for trade routes, I think the current system is fine, but I'm of the opinion they take too long to complete at the moment. A decrease of 25% or thereabouts would be nice.

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  4. pokiehl

pokiehl Emperor

Decreasing trade route length would markedly increase late game tedium. If anything I think they should last longer.

SirWill90, acluewithout and LMT like this.
  5. criZp

criZp Emperor

These are not drawbacks of support units in formation, and that was his point, there should be a way to deal with them in formation. If you can nullify a "drawback" by doing something most basic and easy, then it's not a drawback. Not being able to bombard and melee attack in the same turn is technically a drawback, but a most insignificant one. Just use another unit or wait one turn.

AntSou likes this.
  6. criZp

criZp Emperor

Cover fire? Like what, ignoring ZoC? The supply truck does sort of increase movement speed, although in a weird way.

7. AntSou

AntSou Emperor

Could you explain? I don't understand the relationship.

8. Haig

Haig Deity

I wish missionaries would work like trade routes, that you just target them and let them go.

I find spamming and moving missionaries very tiresome, especially when there's multiple fronts.

I wish a big reform for the religious mechanics..

mitsho, acluewithout, Pietato and 3 others like this.
  9. reddishrecue

reddishrecue Deity

Barbs ignore ZoC sometimes. I had a unit in front of a barb unit to stop him from getting to my wounded slinger behind my warrior unit using ZoC. However, the barb warrior moved through the ZoC and killed my slinger! I couldn't believe it because I don't like losing my troops. I prefer upgrading them for future eras.

10. AntSou

AntSou Emperor

We do need an overhaul in regards to religion. If we never get an official one, I suspect it will be one of the first things modders will address.

We already have envoys and spies in the game. Couldn't missionaries and apostles use identical mechanics?

Kmart_Elvis likes this.
  11. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Setting trade routes is a tedious task, particularly in the end game when you have 10+ trade routes that need to be renewed or redirected every so often. If the duration is shorter, then you have to deal with the busy work even more frequently.

Personally, I wish there were a macro control for trade routes so you can tell it that you want trade routes to optimize gold or food in city X, or production in city y, and the macro optimizes it for you.

Duuk, 679x, RohirrimElf and 5 others like this.
  12. criZp

criZp Emperor

I think trade routes should repeat automatically every time they return to their origin city, but you can cancel the route at any time, at which point the trader will go idle when he returns to the origin city.

Duuk, cvb, mitsho and 4 others like this.
  13. Gyrofalcon

Gyrofalcon Warlord

You are on to something here; Maybe we see some Civ7 functionality?
    Example Infantry / melee - unit, "base unit" gets better for each era (according to weapon in use), but everything supporting it, are era-unique. Like Battering Ram or Light Cav /Horsemen in late Ancient / early Classical where we must produce the support element, and merge it with base melee unit.
    Can have building later in game, that let us produce Cavalry directly, but also have building that can train that cav into a base melee unit (for example; if you loose resource and can't sustain cav-unit)
    You can not produce a "cheap" support unit in early game, keep it around (unused) and merge it in late game, getting a Mechanized infantry out of it :p You must upgrade support unit to "next in line" unit when next is researched, or loose it.
    Have categories of support unites like "siege", "mobility", "bombard", "short range-support", or something like that...

nzcamel likes this.
  14. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

I'd prefer it if you could select how long you want it to last when you initially set the trade route.

Something like:
    X turns
    Y turns
    Z turns
    Until cancelled
    (where X, Y, & Z would change depending on game length)

That way, it you want to send a trade route for a lengthy amount of time, you can. But if you just want a quick trade route (maybe just to build a road between the two cities), you have that option too.

cvb and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  15. AntSou

AntSou Emperor

But then all it needs is an auto-renew button.

16. Karmah

Karmah Emperor Supporter

I could be reading it wrong, but the zoc in civ6 allows to move one tile then you can still attack.

Victoria likes this.
  17. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

It's the "quick" trade route that is the main issue in VI. Seeing as it is trade routes that build and upgrade the majority of your roads being able to do a short trade route, stop it, and do another to another city undermines the time it takes to build them up. So I think a similar minimum turn time will remain.

Once you move into a ZOC with a unit effected by them you cannot move any further... except to attack a unit adjacent to that space. Obviously if you destroy that adjacent unit with a melee unit, your unit will move once more before ending its turn. That is the only exception.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    cvb likes this.
  18. oSiyeza

oSiyeza Prince

This and...

UI
    - Allow each and all units lenses to be disabled (not automatically applied when selecting the unit, if the owner does not want to).

Religion
    - Allow all religious units to be supporting units with some benefits, such as small reduction of foreign religion after a victory, or faster recovery, so they are useful outside religious combat.
    - Allow religious units to heal on holy sites of the same religion in foreign land.
    - Increase the ways of spreading religion outside religious combat.

AI
    - Give the AI, separated production priorities and combat tactics for sea, land and air units. So they support land wars with air and sea units.
    - Implement strategy to control the sea or land suply routes in battle (the AI tries to prevent the enemy for bringing more and more units to the battle, for example controlling the sea where invasion forces are vulnerable, or in bottlenecks of the terrain.
    - Give AI more coherent diplomatic interactions, they would like you more if you are an anemy of a person they dislike, not attack your suzerained city states if you are an ally, and more inmersive and clear texts in current interactions.

Trade
    - Make trade of luxury resources more interesting. With monopolies of resources, and taxes.
    - Make scort trade routes a thing.
    - Make trade of strategic resources valuable and interesting. With diplomatic options, world congress resolutions, aid request to share resources and options to steal or buy strategic resources in the black market (spy).

Spies
    - More fun missions for the spy. (Detonate enemie's nuke, sabotage flood barrier, fabricate scandal against governor or great unit, infiltrate military to grant visibility of enemy units, sabotage power lines, sabotage military unit, poison water suply (early) or release virus (late) to reduce enemies population, corrupt rock band, speculate with housing (reduces housing), smuggle strategic resources...)
    - Make protecting spies apply over a zone of influence or entire city, to balance then properly.

Diplo
    - Split diplomacy borders in three options, civil borders (grants pass for trade, explorers, religious units, engineers and so on), land borders and sea borders.
    - Declaration of state religion, (which would be co-oficcial with the majority religion). And diplomatic options, to make other civs to declare an official religion.
    - Make world congress hostable. The civ that hosts (the one with highest diplo who did not host in the last two sessions) decides one of the resolutions.
    - Bring more meaningful resolutions to world congress.
    - Special World War event in world congress. With two faction + neutral, no grievances in the same faction, peace only achievable in world congress.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  19. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

as @Karmah said, the barb can move into a ZOC then attack any adjacent unit

acluewithout likes this.
  20. aguaacrobata2

aguaacrobata2 Chieftain

This DIPLO suggestions are indeed very very good...

Neirai, Elhoim and WillowBrook like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.