1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Future Update?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Aussie_Lurker, Sep 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AntSou

AntSou Emperor

This!. I can't see a thing whenever I pick a religious unit.

Builderphile and owujbvoiwurvbn like this.
  2. Pistol90

Pistol90 Prince

Lets hope this Humankind game make Firaxis frightened, because Civ 6 right now is not in position as "no worry, we surely have better game" but more in "lets hope we have better game". There is sooooooo much more for not one but five expansions if necessary, and I like idea previously mentioned somewhere like not ever having complete edition until one day Civ 7 comes.

3. criZp

criZp Emperor

With open borders, I think they could make units from the territory owner stack with units from the other guy, because the real "issue" to me is AI who park on certain tiles to block you from moving on them. Religious combat units would be an exception to this stacking.

I also thought that the diplomatic victory vote should be replaced with a "next session host" vote, where the winner picks one of the two things to vote on in the next session, while at the same time getting a diplo victory point in the next session. The host could also be immune to being targeted by resolutions in his session.

The proposals are all boring because most of them don't target individual players, but end up applying to everyone, and when you have the hole-in-the-head voting system where you vote for one thing and your votes might just get moved to something else without your approval, then I think it's best to just ignore the whole thing and not waste any time on it. Very unfortunate that they messed it up so hard when it worked fine in BNW (apart from the whole economic victory in disguise thing)

4. AntSou

AntSou Emperor

That's pushing it. :lol:

5. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

Yeah, IIRC, Civ 6 reversed the ZOC rules from previous iterations. In Civ 5, if you moved into a tile where a unit was exerting ZOC, you couldn’t move to another tile adjacent to that unit - you could only move away from it (or attack it). In Civ 6, if you move into a tile where a unit is exerting ZOC, you can’t move away from it, you can only move to another tile adjacent to that unit (or attack it).

6. criZp

criZp Emperor

Not quite, you can't move to an adjacent tile that is empty. You must attack or do nothing.

nzcamel, Elhoim and acluewithout like this.
  7. acluewithout

acluewithout Deity

I really like the WC and I think that fundamentally resolutions being random is a much more fun, immersive and balanced Mechanic than choosing resolutions (with emergencies and score competitions providing just a little bit of player control).

I’ve really come around on the vote A and B resolution Mechanic. The key is that you have to consider that if you push for a particular option then you run the risk of it not targeting who you want. Like, you might want to push the districts as culture bomb resolution so you can culture bomb, but if you do you run the risk the benefit goes to someone different. That’s actually a pretty cool risk reward Mechanic.

My only gripes with the WC are that (1) it triggers automatically rather than because of something happening in the game, eg building a certain wonder (bring back Apostal Palace), (2) there’s no upgrade to being the UN and or equivalent of Permanent Security Counsel Members, and (3) yeah, some of the resolutions need more work.

Honestly. World Congress is a pretty cool Mechanic. FXS spent a lot of time thinking about it and IMO it really shows.

8. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Why can I sell votes centuries before WC is invented?
    You either keep everything sane by removing earlier vote trading or you allow WC from the inception of the game.
    To not have WC until medieval because that is historical but then allow vote selling from ancient is just :crazyeye:

9. criZp

criZp Emperor

Random resolutions is fine but that's why we said one resolution is chosen and one is random, it partially keeps the randomness while providing an extra reason to care about diplomatic favor, because you can get to choose the other resolution if you host.

The key with A and B resolutions is that by votes being moved over to something completely different (yes, voting on cheaper units with faith vs cheaper units with gold, for example, is completely different) is absurd, and I'm not going to participate in the nonsense. Voting on something isn't supposed to have a risk of voting on something that you aren't voting on, that's ridiculous. And for me, this means the solution is to not vote at all, and just ignore the congress.

Elhoim likes this.
  10. Jeppetto

Jeppetto King

Because you can get someone to "owe you" before and without WC? Yes, the DF isn't fully baked feature, which is why it's confusing, and its only one usage (significant) makes it worse, but it's basically simulating your diplomatic influence, making people owe you something and in exchange this makes them more forgiving (allows promises) and you get more influence over the Congress. If I am not mistaken you may promise prior to WC, using DF. It's not supposed to be purchasing Votes literally (though the underdeveloped state of the feature makes it seem so), it's supposed to be feature of influence, reputation and owing. All of which can be gained prior to WC and could be used outside of WC (If FXS developed it beyond just promises)

Flaxitux and Meluhhan like this.
  11. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

I feel like accumulating a stockpile of DF should lead to positive diplomatic modifiers, and they should try to make spending it more valuable (outside of selling it to the AI, who give it quite a high value as is- note, undervaluing is also not good, because then the player can just buy it all cheaply). Options might include stronger world congress resolutions, being able to pay off grievances or gift the favor for separate, civ specific modifiers, etc.

12. Jeppetto

Jeppetto King

Even If player can buy them cheaply, isn't there cap or did they remove it in recent patches?

13. DWilson

You just try more than once, and cap is beaten. I wouldn't do it, but I am fairly confident it worked in the past per YouTube.

14. Kaan Boztepe

Kaan Boztepe Prince

why do we even get diplomatic favor before there is a WC?

15. DWilson

So you can spend it in the first couple votes, rather than not have time to earn any.

16. criZp

criZp Emperor

you do get to cast one vote even if you have no favor.

17. DWilson

Sure, but so does everyone. DF allows you to invest more into preferred outcomes

18. criZp

criZp Emperor

yeah, I just mean that it's not necessary to start accumulate favor before the congress. but I don't really care about that, that's the least of the issues with the congress.

19. bbbt

bbbt Deity

You use diplomatic favor for promises before the WC.

It would be nice if there were more uses for that. I.e. maybe it could be use to obtain envoys (instead of influence), upgrade alliances (instead of just # of turns), etc.

20. oakdragon

oakdragon Stagnating amongst the Siliconians Supporter

There are uses for favors before the WC. You can include them in trades. Think of them actually as promises and favors. You get them for doing something nice for someone else and you can include them in deals representing favor you've accumulated for a civ. E.g., including favors as part of the deal represents the idea to the other civ "well, since you did x for me before, I'll make y cheaper for you now". The favors even out the trade "equation".

nzcamel and DWilson like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.