1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Future Update?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Aussie_Lurker, Sep 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cerilis

Cerilis Stormrider

New District: Insane Asylum. Yields housing and amenities at the cost of citizens "working" it. Once a citizen is working the district, it can't be reassigned.

nzcamel and Kimiimaro like this.
  2. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

Mad players = mad rulers. Quick googling reveals the mad leaders' roster for the imminent 'Go Bananas!' expansion. May also include colonization and war for independence mechanics.

3. AsH2

AsH2 Prince

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sennacherib

Jeppetto likes this.
  4. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Hmm, Civilization VI: Reign of Madness seems a fitting title to follow Gathering Storm. :mischief:

5. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am. Moderator

6. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

I've always wanted the Cossacks to ride bears anyway. :mischief:

7. AsH2

AsH2 Prince

While the bear is riding a (Soviet) Unicycle?

8. Xandinho

Xandinho Deity

I am so eager for news that, for a moment, I thought this was a leak.

9. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Emperor

There is a patch for sure if only to fix the problem with fullscreen and Civ VI not working with macOS Catalina and Aspyr has not even said a thing. Aspyr sent the patch for approval seven days ago. But Firaxis also worked on something a while back so there's that.

I haven't been affected by either of the Mac issues, but people have certainly been affected and are upset at Aspyr since September.

WillowBrook likes this.
  10. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am. Moderator

So sorry, didn't mean to get your hopes up. Someone posted about Sennacherib and it reminded me of Chrisy's Assyria. There is also a Tiglath-Pileser III and a Ashurbanipal. Sadly, none are updated for GS though.

Kjimmet, Xandinho and RohirrimElf like this.
  11. oakdragon

oakdragon Stagnating amongst the Siliconians Supporter

Because we like to babble on and on?

12. bite

bite Unofficial Civilization Cartographer Super Moderator

I know this was said somewhat in jest but as I have some time on my hands, and an easy Map to check so lets do this.

The current world wonders that do not also have their Civilization in the game

Alhambra - Moorish Kingdom
    Chichen Itza - Maya Empire
    Great Bath - Indus Valley Civilisation
    Great Zimbabwe - Kingdom of Zimbabwe
    Hanging Gardens - Babylon Empire
    Petra (Raqmu) - Nabataean Kingdom
    Potala Palace - Tibetan Kingdom
    Stonehenge - Neolithic Britons
    Venetian Arsenal - Venetian Republic

and if we want to get super pedantic, and lets be honest have you read this thread

Indian Kingdoms

Mahabodhi Temple - Maurya Empire
    Meenakshi Temple - Pandya Dynasty
    Taj Mahal - Mughal Empire

Jeppetto, nzcamel and bbbt like this.
  13. sadsquid

sadsquid Warlord

On the topic of wonders, I feel like the Dome on the Rock & St Peters Basilica are pretty obvious religious wonders to add. St Peters Basilica was in Civ 4 if I'm not mistaken, but hasn't been seen since. And I can't recall the Dome on the Rock being in any Civ.

AntSou likes this.
  14. sdtum21

sdtum21 Chieftain

I will be quite sad if Notre Dame and the Leaning Tower of Pisa aren't in XP3.

15. bite

bite Unofficial Civilization Cartographer Super Moderator

St Peters Basilica hasn't been in the game yet, though the Apostolic Palace was in Civ 4 and the Sistine Chapel has appeared in some form in every game so far.

nzcamel and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  16. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

I assumed Notre Dame was out because of Kevin's tweets, but if XP3 is being announced later I guess it's still possible!

17. AntSou

AntSou Emperor

I'm confident Sistine Chapel can't be in the game this time around because of how you place wonders on tiles. However, I would expect to see St. Peters Basilica, perhaps even the old one.

Red Flags:

-Statue of Zeus. It's the only one of the Seven Wonders missing.
    Problem - It is usually portrayed as being indoors in a temple.
    Solution - Just make it slightly open air or something.

Sistine Chapel
    has been in every game. The problem mentioned above isn't really solvable. However, it seems a red flag for there to be missing a Vatican wonder.
    United Nations has been in every game, but suffer from a similar problem. They'd have to use the headquarters. They could perhaps use the Apostolic Palace to address both the Sistine Chapel/ United Nations problem? Any of these only make sense if Diplomacy gets altered.

- Notre Dame has been in every game, but not Civ VI.

- Globe Theatre has been in every game but not Civ VI. It casts a particularly striking look and seems really odd to be missing.

- The Internet - Can't be a wonder in Civ 6, but the place where it was first created, the CERN, casts a particularly striking look for a wonder. Plus there's only three Atomic wonders in the game. If the game expands, I expect an extra one.

Other recurring wonders:

- Parthenon has been in Civ IV and V. Don't have high hopes for this one. Besides, we have an Acropolis district already and the Temple of Artemis looks similar.

- Pentagon has been in Civ 3, 4 and 5. Meh about this one. Not really a red flag actually, but thought I would add.

Other ones which I consider possible red flags:

Mt Rushmore - I find this a bit of a well, duh! for this to be in the game given Civ 6 mechanics. Possible bonuses:
    - Must be built on a Mountain tile adjacent to one land tile. National Park improvement restrictions apply. Creates a National Park upon completion. Provides one governor title. Etc.

Hoover Dam / Three Gorges Dam - Another well, duh! one. Bonuses:
    - Must be built on [x type tile] adjacent to a river. Upon completion, provides fertility to EVERY tile along that river. Provides [x] power to every one of your cities within 9 tiles of this wonder. (May be built on a river with a previous dam?)

Other Notes:

Rise and Fall introduced 8 new wonders:
    One Ancient
    Three Medieval
    Three Renaissance
    One Modern

Gathering Storm introduced 7 new wonders:
    One Ancient
    One Classical
    Two Medieval
    Two Industrial
    One Modern
    ----

With that said, here are the ones I find very likely to appear if we get a new expansion:

One Ancient/Classical - Statue of Zeus
    One Medieval - Notre Dame
    Two Renaissance - Globe Theatre / + Italian Wonder
    Two Modern - Mt Rushmore / Hoover/Gorges Dam
    One Atomic - CERN

Edit: I wrote "casts a particularly striking look" twice in a row. I feel dirty.

Jeppetto, conorbebe, Jkchart and 3 others like this.
  18. Xandinho

Xandinho Deity

An African wonder is very likely, has been added one in every expansion.

19. AntSou

AntSou Emperor

I thought about that. Here's some extra notes:

1. There's a spot left. Besides, of the one's mentioned it doesn't mean all of them would appear. I find it unlikely that they would put such a strong emphasis on Western Culture. That makes the Hoover Dam very unlikely,
    unless they want to make the historically inaccurate but gameplay-wise appropriate decision of having a wonder Dam in the Industrial Era. The Hoover Dam is the only one that really makes sense in that case. For the Modern Era there are quite a few contenders outside the West. (The Gorges Dam was only recently finished, but can plausibly be made a Modern Era wonder. But there are other options too.)

2. There's obviously no guarantee of Mt Rushmore. But doesn't it feel weird? The game that introduces national parks and tile improvements, including improvements on mountains, skips Rushmore?

3. Three Atomic era wonders are enough as it is, but if the game gets a 3rd expansion, it will need an extra one. The CERN is a decent contender for that spot, because: a) It is home to the Large Hadron Collider, a wonder in its own right. The Collider is hidden, but it can thankfully be represented by the Globe of Science above ground; b) the World Wide Web and, recently, the Higgs Boson; c) Although it's a scientific complex, the Globe is usually associated with it, and looks appropriately Atomic. Adjacency to a Campus seems right.
    Problem - Amundsen Scott Research Station is in the game and it occupies that spot, unless CERN is given different mechanics.
    Solution - I would give part of the current Amudsen bonuses to CERN, and I would make Amudsen more Snow focused, perhaps giving Science yields per Snow tile.
    That makes it two heavy Science Atomic Wonders, but I think that makes perfect sense. There's two for Culture, and the Science Victory path would benefit the most from late wonders.

4. Lack of representation of French wonders seems odd. Furthermore, there's space for it in the medieval era.
    Problem - Notre Dame and Globe Theatre may get in the way of one another. Historically Notre Dame has provided happiness, and the Globe Theatre sounds like a Culture/Amenity wonder. Plus they are both western and there's 3 wonders currently located in England.
    ----

This is the current breakdown of wonders in Civilization VI, with what I believe will be the likely additions in a future expansion in brackets:

Per Era
    Ancient - 6 (7)
    Classical - 11
    Medieval - 10 (11)
    Renaissance - 7 (8)
    Industrial - 8
    Modern - 4 (6)
    Atomic - 3 (4)

Per Region

Ancient Egypt - 4 (including Jebel Barkal)
    Ancient Greece - 3

Europe - 14
    Russia - 3
    England - 3 (including Stonehenge)
    France - 2
    Spain - 2
    Italy - 2
    Germany - 1
    Hungary - 1

North America - 3
    US - 3

India Sub-Continent - 4
    India - 3
    Pakistan - 1

East Asia - 4
    China - 3
    Japan - 1

Middle East - 5
    Turkey - 2 (excluding Artemis)
    Iraq - 1
    Iran/Persia - 1
    Jordan - 1

Africa (excluding Nile) - 3
    Eastern Africa - 1
    Western Africa - 1
    Southern Africa - 1

Central(ish) America - 3

South America - 3

South East Asia - 1

Australia - 1

Antarctica - 1

Given this breakdown, here are some more thoughts:

- Globe Theatre very unlikely
    - Gorges Dam very unlikely. China already well represented.
    - South East Asia under-represented.
    - No North African Wonder.

Here's a link to the map posted on reddit. I've added red dots with possible Wonders (note: too many temples):

Attached Files:

Xandinho, conorbebe and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  20. The Kingmaker

The Kingmaker Alexander

The Great Dam of Ma’rib (Yemen) would have fit very nicely with the last expansion, but no dice.

Jkchart, bite, Neirai and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.