G&H's Kingdom of Scotland for Vox Populi

I am in my first game with this civ and am enjoying it! One thing I am running into is a very minor issue. Namely, in strategic view, the Schiltron has no icon. It just has a solid blue circle (or shield). It has it's icon when not in Strategic view.
Spoiler Icon missing :

No problem on my end, with and without 4UC. Maybe an incompatibility issue, or a excessive number of mods which makes the loading of assets less reliable ?

V.4 online :
  • Fix to Bhonnaich promotion (wasn't always working properly)
  • Fix to UNW SQL (didn't scale with the number of Cities)
Savegame compatible.

Last edited:
V.5 online. Three gameplay changes :
  • Schiltron UU1 production cost increased from 160 to 175 (to make the unit feel more distinct from the Longswordsman, increase the investment required to mass it, and make a good use of the UA more necessary to do so)
  • UA : change to the formulas used to calculate the Culture and Influence gained from being declared war on or liberating Cities for the first time. Will have a better impact throughout the game.
Spoiler Ancient formulas :

:c5influence: Influence = 15 + 5 x PlayerEra
:c5culture: Culture = (25 + 25 x PlayerEra^2) x GameSpeed

Spoiler New formulas :

:c5influence: Influence = 23 + 2 x PlayerEra^2
:c5culture: Culture = (50 + 10 x PlayerEra^3) x GameSpeed

Savegame compatible.

Last edited:
V.6 online. New version of the UI after feedback from Milae :
Spoiler New Dun Cinneadh :

UI - Dun Cinneadh

Unlocked at Masonry
800 construction time
Must be built on Resource tiles, and improves the Resource.
Can be built on neutral tiles adjacent to Scottish territory and claims the tile on completion.
+50 % :c5strength: CS defense bonus

1 :c5production:

Adjacency bonuses :
  • +1 :c5production: Production to adjacent Farms
  • +1 :c5gold: Gold to adjacent Lumbermills
  • +1 :c5culture: Culture to adjacent Mines
  • +1 :c5science: Science to adjacent Villages
  • +1 :c5food: Food to adjacent Coast and Lake tiles
Tech bonuses :
  • +1 :c5culture:/:c5science: at Drama and Poetry
  • +1 :c5production:/:c5gold: at Metal Casting
  • +1 :c5culture:/:c5science: at Architecture
  • +1 :c5production:/:c5gold: at Metallurgy
  • +2 :tourism: at Flight

Made to benefit earlier from the adjacency bonus and tile-claiming part of the UI while also preventing too many situations where you have to delete your previous improvements to build the UI. The previous base yields have been added to tech bonuses for the Classical era in the same fashion as the ones used for the Renaissance era (two tech bonuses at the same tech tier, but on the opposite side of the tree). +1 base Production to compensate.

Man that peace song is so damn good. Wish more civs had tracks as good as that
Many exchanges between Hinin and me on the pieces of music and finally a validation of the third contributor, @Asterix Rage :lol:.
But Hinin is the discoverer of this sublime band :thumbsup:.

When you create a Dun Cinneadh adjacent to your territory, which claims it as your territory, it exists in some kind of limbo as belonging to no city (it even has the dark blue color on the city screen). So no city will ever work it unless you manually go and select it. This doesn't happen if you build one in your territory. So it's a bit wonky in that regard unless you pay attention to it.

Also if you build them and then lose the city, somehow (stupid Askia!), the Dun just exists there as a one tile blob that is your land. So you are creating little permanent blobs of land that will never fall.

Last edited:
When you create a Dun Cinneadh adjacent to your territory, which claims it as your territory, it exists in some kind of limbo as belonging to no city (it even has the dark blue color on the city screen). So no city will ever work it unless you manually go and select it. This doesn't happen if you build one in your territory. So it's a bit wonky in that regard unless you pay attention to it.

Also if you build them and then lose the city, somehow (stupid Askia!), the Dun just exists there as a one tile blob that is your land. So you are creating little permanent blobs of land that will never fall.
Thank you Iooorg for your feedback but I just retested and I don't have this problem.

Spoiler In construction/finished :
upload_2021-8-30_12-32-17.png
upload_2021-8-30_12-32-56.png

Spoiler City Screen :
upload_2021-8-30_12-34-48.png

You can see the city use directly one of the new tile with Dun Cinneach.
Do you use others mods or an old version ?
Perhaps just an installation problem ?

I don't think I run any weird (or many) other mods (latest unique 3-4 comp, this scotland mod v6, improved city view and top panel replacement). I guess it could be the improved city-view but I thought that mainly compacted the buildings and great people parts on the right side of the screen.

It all looks normal in the various world view. But if you enter a city (included as a thumbnail) it looks a bit weird. In Glesca here you have a Dun to the west of the city on some stone in a desert and it has the deep blue graphics as not belonging to this city.

But it doesn't belong to any other city either. Non is close enough to claim it or work it. It has the same deep blue border as tiles worked by other cities (like the fish up in the north eastern corner that is worked by another city (circle-arrow) or the mine across the lake to the north west that is worked by another city -- sort of obscured by the city name here).

So who does the tile, the desert stone Dun in to the west, belong to if it is not Glesca? The closest other city center besides Glesca is four or five tiles away.

c5vox-bluedun.jpg

As noted it's only a problem if you build the Dun out in the unclaimed lands. It's not a problem if you build one what is already inside your borders.

It's not really much of an issue, you just have to manually go in and select to work the tile. But if you forget it will remain un-worked and never be selected when a new pop is born etc.

Last edited:
I don't think I run any weird (or many) other mods (latest unique 3-4 comp, this scotland mod v6, improved city view and top panel replacement). I guess it could be the improved city-view but I thought that mainly compacted the buildings and great people parts on the right side of the screen.

It all looks normal in the various world view. But if you enter a city (included as a thumbnail) it looks a bit weird. In Glesca here you have a Dun to the west of the city on some stone in a desert and it has the deep blue graphics as not belonging to this city.

But it doesn't belong to any other city either. Non is close enough to claim it or work it. It has the same deep blue border as tiles worked by other cities (like the fish up in the north eastern corner that is worked by another city (circle-arrow) or the mine across the lake to the north west that is worked by another city -- sort of obscured by the city name here).

So who does the tile, the desert stone Dun in to the west, belong to if it is not Glesca? The closest other city center besides Glesca is four or five tiles away.

View attachment 607465

As noted it's only a problem if you build the Dun out in the unclaimed lands. It's not a problem if you build one what is already inside your borders.

It's not really much of an issue, you just have to manually go in and select to work the tile. But if you forget it will remain un-worked and never be selected when a new pop is born etc.

There is some serious problem about the texture of the Dun on your picture. It's meant to be red-brown, and it appears like a sugar castle with red and white squares. Some elements must not be charging on your end.

There is some serious problem about the texture of the Dun on your picture. It's meant to be red-brown, and it appears like a sugar castle with red and white squares. Some elements must not be charging on your end.

That is just cause I'm running the DX9 version of the client instead of the DX10/11 version. It doesn't change anything but just so you can forget about that aspect of it I restarted the game and ran the other DX version. Same issue. But now there are no more ginger bread castles.

c5vox-bluedun-glesca-dxx2.jpg c5vox-bluedun-glesca-dxx.jpg

do the great diplomat points from the UA get boosted from great person% gains?

The Great Diplomat points gained from the UA sometimes won't appear in the city screen aside from the first two. This is a known issue with GP points gained from Dummy buildings and doesn't affect gameplay : the points are well added turn after turn and are affected by GP generation modifiers.

That is just cause I'm running the DX9 version of the client instead of the DX10/11 version. It doesn't change anything but just so you can forget about that aspect of it I restarted the game and ran the other DX version. Same issue. But now there are no more ginger bread castles.
Sorry, I can't help you because I don't have any problem with that :(.
Do you use others mod ?

Ah sorry, thanks!

Btw the unit spawned from getting declared on did get bonus exp, but it didnt get exp from the buildings (barracks and armory) in the city

I have the same problem that the city doesnt consider the tile gained from a Dun Cinneadh a part of the city until you actively click it from inside the city view.

I have the same problem that the city doesnt consider the tile gained from a Dun Cinneadh a part of the city until you actively click it from inside the city view.

Could you tell me if the tile was won naturally on the same turn you finished building?
Could you give me the list of mods you play with?
I played a game yesterday without any problem, but if you can give me more information, I will look for it.
Last question, is this tile equidistant from two cities ?

A lot of questions, sorry :blush:.

Could you tell me if the tile was won naturally on the same turn you finished building?
Could you give me the list of mods you play with?
I played a game yesterday without any problem, but if you can give me more information, I will look for it.
Last question, is this tile equidistant from two cities ?

A lot of questions, sorry :blush:.

It happens for all tiles gained this way, but not for Dun Cinneadhs built on already owned tiles. I had like 6-7 different examples of it, and only one was equal distance from two cities.

I play with
3&4 UC
Promotion flags
A lot of PD's civs (Timurids, Goths, Israel (which was in the game), Khmer (also in the game), Sumer, Philippines, Nubia, Macedon)
Pdan tweaks (but not all of them, I have deleted some of the changes I dislike)

Top Bottom