G&H's Kingdom of Scotland for Vox Populi

I have the same problem that the city doesnt consider the tile gained from a Dun Cinneadh a part of the city until you actively click it from inside the city view.

Good to know I'm not imagining things. That said as noted it's not really a problem if you are into micromanagement of the city, if you let the AI run the city tho they are basically dead tiles, as it's just two clicks and you are working it if you like to.

I'm not sure how the border code is but could it be that the tile just get added to the empire and not assigned properly to a specific city? So it just sits there in limbo. Cause it looked real weird when I had built some Duns and then Askia came and took my city away from me and there was all these little Dun zones spotted about that didn't swap to him but remained with me dotted around the city.Perhaps they are all considered to be or attached to the capital?

Yes I noted the free unit xp thing to. A free unit in the capital got one promotion even tho the city had Orders (+15), Barracks (+15) and Armory (+20). A built unit gets two promotions with that. The one that spawned for free only got 75 xp. The once that are hard built get 150 xp (with this setup of buildings etc). So it's more like they are being purchased instead of built or spawned.

The Shiltron (next to another one) with a a couple of cover promotions is basically a wall. The AI doesn't know what to do with it and tries to walk around it. The cover, the extra healing, the retribution damage ...

Last edited:
Btw the unit spawned from getting declared on did get bonus exp, but it didnt get exp from the buildings (barracks and armory) in the city
I have the same problem that the city doesnt consider the tile gained from a Dun Cinneadh a part of the city until you actively click it from inside the city view.
Good to know I'm not imagining things.
Yes I noted the free unit xp thing to.
Thank you very much for your feedback, they really help to clean up the code and make it work fine :hatsoff:.

V.7 online :
  • Tile claimed by the Dun Cinneadh was not attributed to a city, fixed.
  • Unit calls for war declaration or liberated city didn't have XPs bonus from buildings and other sources, fixed.
Savegame compatible.

The Shiltron (next to another one) with a a couple of cover promotions is basically a wall. The AI doesn't know what to do with it and tries to walk around it. The cover, the extra healing, the retribution damage ...

The damage is at least only applied to melee units right?

The damage is at least only applied to melee units right?

I have not really paid much attention to that but I think so? I have not noted any ranged enemies killing themselves on my doom wall. In some regard they are more or less immortal, or more immortal then the (persian) immortals at least.

Even with ranged units they must be or are a pain to take down. When each hit does around 10 dmg or so at best. The extra 5 healing from the buddy and then the "medic" unit behind them and you just rarely notice they are getting attacked.

Last edited:
I have not really paid much attention to that but I think so? I have not noted any ranged enemies killing themselves on my doom wall. In some regard they are more or less immortal, or more immortal then the (persian) immortals at least.
If you think there is a balance or power issue, I'll let Hinin discuss it, he's the magician of the balance :king:.
But I play a game actually against Huns and mounted achers don't seem to consider the Schiltrons as immortals :nope: and my beautiful wall is crumbling quickly :lol:.

As I continued my game something slightly odd happened. As I was declared war on I received one musketman. Which is nice. Problem is that it's way ahead of the, or my, tech level. I'm not even sure any civ have that level of tech yet, Portugal might have it (or it's within the amount of techs they have to have it, but I can't really verify it easily yet cause they are on the other side of the world so I would have to spy on them or run IGE). But it was not them that declared on me. I don't even have chemistry yet nor metallurgy. I am in the era of musketmen (renaissance) but don't have the tech yet. I just recently started to build cannons, but otherwise it's still xbows, schiltrons and knights. It should probably have given me another schiltron or a tercio.

c5vox-futureman.jpg

Last edited:
As I continued my game something slightly odd happened. As I was declared war on I received one musketman. Which is nice. Problem is that it's way ahead of the, or my, tech level. I'm not even sure any civ have that level of tech yet, Portugal might have it (or it's within the amount of techs they have to have it, but I can't really verify it easily yet cause they are on the other side of the world so I would have to spy on them or run IGE). But it was not them that declared on me. I don't even have chemistry yet nor metallurgy. I am in the era of musketmen (renaissance) but don't have the tech yet. I just recently started to build cannons, but otherwise it's still xbows, schiltrons and knights. It should probably have given me another schiltron or a tercio.
Thank you very much Iooorg, your follow-up and feedback are really precious :thumbsup:.
It's my fault, I used a lua function from another mod and forgot to change Musketman to Tercio :o.

Spoiler UnitClass by era :
upload_2021-9-1_13-10-1.png

I correct that this afternoon and publish a version savecompatible.

It's my fault, I used a lua function from another mod and forgot to change Musketman to Tercio :o.

By the way, wouldn't it make more sense for the Lua to still give a Schiltron during the Renaissance Era ? It would be more akin to other unit-gifting bonuses of the mod, which prioritize unique units as long as they aren't obsolete.

By the way, wouldn't it make more sense for the Lua to still give a Schiltron during the Renaissance Era ? It would be more akin to other unit-gifting bonuses of the mod, which prioritize unique units as long as they aren't obsolete.
Yes, I do that :thumbsup:.

I think it gave Schiltrons during the medieval era, it says pikemen in the code above but since your pikemen are schiltrons it gives those instead. I'm not sure how you would get a pikeman, and it would be really weird since you can't upgrade a pike to a schiltron. So if that is the case it would give schiltrons for two eras. Not that I'm complaining, they are great. But they might be somewhat dated at the end of the renaissance era even compared to a Tercio.

You still always prefer a UU over a generic unit. You can always upgrade it, and there is nothing worse than getting a Tercio instead of an impi as a gift for example

I think it gave Schiltrons during the medieval era, it says pikemen in the code above but since your pikemen are schiltrons it gives those instead. I'm not sure how you would get a pikeman, and it would be really weird since you can't upgrade a pike to a schiltron. So if that is the case it would give schiltrons for two eras. Not that I'm complaining, they are great. But they might be somewhat dated at the end of the renaissance era even compared to a Tercio.

Well, you keep almost all their promotions when upgrading them (bhonnaich and drill I), and +25 max hp is very strong, so I think it's worth the extra gold cost during the renaissance (to only gain 3 CS in the end, but still).

I think it gave Schiltrons during the medieval era, it says pikemen in the code above but since your pikemen are schiltrons it gives those instead. I'm not sure how you would get a pikeman, and it would be really weird since you can't upgrade a pike to a schiltron.
In the lua, I choose UnitClass, not Unit, Schilton is the Unit for Scotland with UnitClass Pikeman. For that, all is well ;).

When I go to download it the page says v8 but the file you get says v7. just a name error or didnt it update properly?

Had to restart since the new version of Vox (1.0.0) was not savegame compatible with my previous game and it kept crashing on load. Anyway it made me note something that I had not really paid attention to before.
How come the Dun doesn't give a yield to quarries and plantations? It can be built on them but gives nothing to them. It's a bit odd and seems like somewhat of an oversight. Not sure about or if there are many scottish plantations of some kind but there ought to be a fair amount of quarries etc. Perhaps add quarries to the mine (+1 culture) yield and the plantation to the farms (+1 prod)? Might be reasonable. OK it doesn't give anything specific to sea resources either (except possible the +1 food due to water).

Top Bottom