- Aug 1, 2014
- Right behind you
LouisianaLeader - Joseph "Beausoleil" Broussard
(requires Vox Populi 1.4.6 or later)
(requires Vox Populi 1.4.6 or later)
UA - The Grand Settlement
Spawn a random Unique Unit every 20 turns. Allied City-States and Cities in Resistance increase the amount spawned and grant XP to units (half bonus for Friendly CS). Finishing a Building, Improvement or GPTI grants Gold, Faith and Influence with City-States sharing your Religion. Cannot use Production to create Military Land Units.
- The Unique Units spawned can be from any civilization from base Vox Populi or from custom civs you've installed alongside Louisiana. They are never Unique Great People or Unique Units from Louisiana. They can be of the second tech tier of your era, but never an era superior to your own. For more details on what era Unique Units come from throughout the game, see below.
- V.2 onward : the UU spawned is never a Civilian, Siege or Recon Unit.
- V.3 onward : spawn speed is conditioned by game speed: Base 20 turns with 0.75/1/1.25/1.5 modifiers.
Spoiler Unique Unit Type :
Era < Industrial : UU of the current Era
Era = Industrial : UU Renaissance and Industrial
Era > Industrial : UU Renaissance and beyond
- These Unique Units gain XP from Military Buildings in the Capital City normaly.
Spoiler Formulas for UA :
Number of spawned UUs : 1 + 1/10 points (2 per Allied CS and City in resistance, 1 per friend CS)
Gold : 10 * Era * gamespeed
Faith : 3 * Era * gamespeed
Influence : 1 at all Eras
For GPTI and World Wonders : all gains x 5
UU1 - Grand Voyageur (replaces Pathfinder)
Spawned in Capital City whenever a Great Merchant born. Cannot be Produced.
Upgraded into Paratrooper (cannot be upgraded by a Ancient Ruin)
Gains base CS and bonus promotions throughout the Eras :
8 / 13 / 20 / 26 / 33 CS (Ancient / Classical / Medieval / Renaissance / Industrial)
2 MP / 2 Vision
Ignores Terrain Cost
Withdraw from Melee (80)
Métissage - When discovering new tiles or level up, gain GMerchants points in Capital, scaling with era - Lost with upgrade.
Indigenous Allies Promotion - When a Great Merchant is expended, each Grand Voyageur gives the Guide and Pemmican Promotion to all friendly Units on the same landmass
(Guide and Pemmican Promotion: Ignore terrain cost and immune to Land Plagues (ID2) for 10 turns)
Promotions gained throughout the Eras :
Classical Era : Engagés (+1 Vision ; adjacent healing units heal +5 hp) - Lost with upgrade ; Treasure Hunter
Medieval Era : Interprète (+1 MP, +35% against Barbarians) - Lost with upgrade ; Can Traverse Oceans, Additional Vision when embarked, Additional Defense when embarked
Renaissance Era : Petite Guerre (+15 HP, +10% CS to friendly Units within 2 tiles)
Industrial Era : Entrepreneur (generate GMerchant points per turn) ; Scavenger, Attack Bonus (25)
Spoiler Formulas for Great Merchant points gained from Métissage :
Discovering new tiles: 0.12 x Era x GameSpeed x Num of Metissage
Level up: 10 x Level x GameSpeed
Spoiler Formula for Great Merchant points gained from Entrepreneur :
Per turn: 2 x Num of Entrepreneur x GameSpeed
UI - Bayou Cabin (unlocked at Currency)
Must be built on Flat Coastal Marsh/Forest/Jungle tiles. Cannot be built adjacent to another Bayou Cabin.
When constructed, spawn a Shrimp Luxury Resource below and improves it.
Doesn't remove feature.
When working at least one Bayou Cabin, a City gains the Fait Do-Do Unique Building.
Tech bonuses :
- Guilds : +1 /
- Acoustics : +1 /
- Radio : +2 Culture
1 slot for GWMusic
1 slot for Musician Specialist
Unique Luxury Resource - Shrimp
- Monopoly : +10% in all Cities. +1 Food and Culture on Resource.
Spoiler 4UC Compatibility :
UGP - Krewe (replaces Great Musician)
Mardi Gras - When expended in your territory, triggers a WLTKD (15 turns at normal GameSpeed). When expended in the territory of another civilization, its nearest city enters Resistance for 3 turns, scaling with GameSpeed.
UNW - Vieux Carré (replaces Hermitage)
Unlocked at Acoustics (instead of Architecture)
Automatically built in the Capital after 3 Krewe or Great Musicians are expended.
No Population requirement. Cannot be Produced.
+3 GMusician points (instead of Culture)
+1 Tourism to Merchants, Musician and Civil Servants Specialists in Empire
+1 Tourism to Great Works in City
+10% Culture and +25% GP generation in City
+50 % Production towards Diplomatic Units during WLTKD.
-15 % Boredom and Religious Unrest in all Cities
3 slots for GWMusic (instead of GWArt / Artifacts) : +10 Gold and Culture when themed
Spoiler Promotion Icons by gwennog :
1 - Métissage
2 - Indigenous Allies
3 - Guides and Pemmican
4 - Engagés
5 - Interprète
6 - Petite Guerre
7 - Entrepreneur
8 - Mardi Gras
Common Aspirations and Influence :
- Senshi and RawSasquatch: The Cajuns (Beausoleil)
- Octoski: Acadia (Beausoleil)
- Sir Ocean: Louisiana
Artistic Credits (All Rights Reserved to original authors) :
- Choeur Adleisia: Peace Theme - Turlutte Acadienne Montréalaise
- Le Vent du Nord: War Theme - La Marche Des Iroquois
- Allen Toussaint: Southern Nights
- Ambrose Thibodeaux: Les Haricots sont pas salés
- Aurora Nealand and The Royal Roses: The Devils Gonna Get You
- Bruce Daigrepont: Acadie À La Louisiane
- Clifton Chenier: Bon Ton Roulet
- Creedence Clearwater Revival: Born On The Bayou
- Dr. John: Down in New Orleans
- Rod Bernard: Fais Do Do
- Fats Domino: Walking To New Orleans
- Jon Batiste: I Need You.
- Jelly Roll Morton: New Orleans Blues
- John Delafose: Mon coeur fait mal
- Kid Ory: Muskrat Ramble
- Lightnin' Slim: New Orleans Bound
- Louis Armstrong: When the Saints Go Marching In
- Mahalia Jackson: Walk In Jerusalem
- Professor Longhair: Mardi Gras In New Orleans
- Robert Pete Williams: Grown So Ugly
- Sidney Bechet & Teddy Buckner: Souvenirs De La Nouvelle Orléans
- The Meters: Mardi Gras Mambo
- The Balfa Brothers: La danse de Mardi Gras
- Zachary Richard: Ma Louisiane
- Zydeco Joe: Jack Rabbit
- Patterson & Barnes, Leon Zeytline, Jules Arthur, Jerry Schewehm, Gianluca Bosello, Herb Roe, Alan Kinsley, Debra Hurd, Zina Saunders, Dan Junot and others: Music Image Splash
- Herb Roe: Unit Icon Krewe, Leader Icon
- Eugenio Zampighi: Building Icon Fait Do Do
- Shrimpu-art: Shrimp
- Gedemon, Nutty & Dolen2: Original Iroquois Musketman and Iroquois Scout 3d models from Ethnic Diversity
- Sukritact: Ogichida 3d model from The Anishinaabe (Pontiac)
- Octoski: Appalachia Skirmisher 3d model from Octoski's Appalachia
- Ryanjames: Aniwina from The Cherokee
- Uighur_Caesar: Hammock Gunman from Uighur_Caesar's Seminole
- bernie14: Commando 3d model from The Boer Republics
- Xenon257R: 3d model for the Bayou Cabin
Development Credits :
- Hinin: Research, Design, 3d models dds modifications, some basic SQL, GameText, Diplomacy, Leader Flavors, Testing, Leaderscreen, Map
- gwennog : XML, SQL, Lua, Design, LeaderIcon, UnitIcons, ImprovementIcon, BuildingIcons, PromotionIcons, Leaderscreen, Research, 3d models integration, Map, Testing, Direction
Special Thanks :
- Jarcast, JFD, Adan_eslavo, Sukritact, LeeS, Pinappledan, Enginseer: lua inspiration and source
- Irkalla: Civ Icon guide
- Deliverator: 3d model guide
- HungryForFood: Lua API wiki
- InkAxis: fixed different dll problems otherwise this mod would not work
- Astérix Rage: provision of a paint.net toolbox to make promotion icons, valuable advice for the artistic part