G-Major 137

You should have played this gauntlet. I think you even promised to play when certain conditions would happen, then they happened, and then you ducked :splat: . Let me show you what you deserve :trouble: .
Sorry, thought I'd have vacation in July, as it turned out I did not. Only had time to play a few short conquest games.

If it is any consolation to you, I just submitted a game that helps you on your quest to rid the deity tables of the French. ;)

But now I'm really looking forward to seeing the results to this gauntlet!

I assume the HoF will be unaffected, which is usually the case when CivFanatics is down.
Yes the HoF is on a different Server so was unaffected all weekend. It is quite slow today for technical reasons related to the change I think.

So did WastinTime submit a game, and how did this event end? We can tell our grandchildren about it! :D

Is this Gauntlet over now or not?

Had I known there would be such a delay, I could perhaps have finished my 2nd game :(

Is this Gauntlet over now or not?

Had I known there would be such a delay, I could perhaps have finished my 2nd game :(

I think it's impossible to submit games to HoF currently, just gives a lot of error-messages and no response from the staff yet. Maybe you can still finish your 2nd game ;) .

Big congrats to Seraiel for the win.

Guess WastinTime didn't manage to beat him, or wasted too much time.

Almost a little sad that this Gauntlet has come to an end, it was truly marvellous. Thanks to all that shared their knowledge :) Special mention for WastinTime, who revealed several of his tricks in this very thread.

Now, where is that #6 trophy... :lol:

Congrats to everyone who finished the game! Awesome effort! And of course to Seraiel for coming out on top. Was indeed a fantastic thread, learned a lot despite not playing myself.

Top 3 finishers within 5 turns. Maybe this now is getting close to the upper limits of what is possible. At least with current knowledge of the game.

I had several goals for this gauntlet.

1. Gather many space race strategy/advanced tactics in one place.
2. See the old #1 beaten
3. Beat it with non-Inca (preferably non-Darius)

bcool and Kaitzilla quickly checked off that list (except the Darius part) way back in May, and I was satisfied. Well done you two!
I lost my desire to play 200 hours...and Civ IV in general. I went cold turkey, and I have not touched Civ in almost 3 months! I've been trying to retire for some time, but the SGotMs kept me around. I think this time it stuck. I'm playing some of the games I missed over the past decade.

If I had a 4th goal, it would have been to see someone break 700 AD, but I wasn't sure this would happen. I had already committed to my retirement and this goal wasn't enough to keep me playing.

Congrats to Seraiel for an amazing, all-time fastest, 695 AD. (so much more satisfying number than 700.:cool:)
I'm not sure we'll ever see 595. That would be 20 turns faster. That's the only way I could imagine getting a :faint: reaction that some of you were expecting of me. Putting up a 650 AD just wasn't worth the time/effort. Not enough wow factor.

Top Bottom