1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] G-Major 156 - Any Leader, Domination, Deity, Epic - deadline 24th February 2018

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by Noble Zarkon, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Kaitzilla

Kaitzilla Lord Croissant

Wow, this competition was fierce!

2. WastinTime

WastinTime Deity Supporter

I guess I didn't want everyone to see how quickly you can end the game after feudalism. I could have ended a few turns earlier. My settlers were a bit too late. A better strategy would be to force everyone to capitulate sooner, but I wanted the 5-6 peace vassals, just to practice that technique. I've only done it once before en masse like that.
    Taking vassals gives you -diplo and you get closer to winning. Either of these 2 things taken too far make peace vassals no longer possible.

3. Pangaea

Pangaea Rock N Roller

Since you were able to peace vassal so many in one turn, I guess the borders of a vassal also counts as border pressure, so you can easier chain peace vassal like you did? Otherwise I think you need three times the power, which is quite a lot unless said AI has been pummelled through warfare (or you are silly far ahead).

4. WastinTime

I had borders with some. 8 tiles is 'land target' status.
    I had triple the power of the Inca.
    Oh, and must've been triple power of Hatty too.

5. Sun Tzu Wu

Sun Tzu Wu Deity Supporter

Well done everyone!

Kudos to all that submitted games!

I didn't notice this gauntlet until end of Jan. I tried a couple games with Julius Ceasar, but my initial worker steals failed. Nearby AIs all got metals early, except one in my second game. Really didn't have much time to play in any case.

The AIs all researched really fast and most settled really fast too. I probably should have selected Aggressive AI to slow down their research speed. Maybe Tribal Villages was a mistake too; AIs can get lots of early techs from them.

Fippy, I especially liked your choice of playing Qin for Cho-Ku-Nos.

I also liked kovacsflo's choice of Gilgamesh, but I think he would work better on Marathon speed.

WastinTime's idea of high sea levels is a good one and can benefit non-Financial leaders too. Also, congrats on winning the gauntlet with a BC finishing date. Very impressive!

6. kovacsflo

kovacsflo scientist

Congratulations to Wastintime, and Flippy. Both of you came up with a very good submission.

I expected a bit more people to contest, I mean this gauntlet wasn't superhard all in all. It would have been hard to beat Wastintime's impressive time, but not to submit any completed game.

I hope that I don't have to wait that much next time and can beat Wastintime next time - especially if we had a SS or cultural gauntlet soon.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2018
  7. kovacsflo

kovacsflo scientist

Later on I had a better submission with Darius. Actually now I have some mixed feelings about Gilgamesh, but I still think that he is an underestimated leader, and his only disadvantage is that he is not financial - but that's a huge disadvantage.

8. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

Deity, Epic, Boreal er that's pretty difficult for most of us ordinary players!!

9. Pangaea

Pangaea Rock N Roller

Never considered taking part in this game, but independently of that I looked up Boreal in World Builder, thinking maybe I should tick off a map type, and kind of threw up in my mouth and went back to the main menu. Guess I prefer 'richer' map types, or more normal types at least.

However, seems to me the only way to beat WastinTime is to leave him tied up in a corner somewhere for a month or two. Without a laptop. He'd probably beat us with tongue-control :D

10. WastinTime

it was rich with forests and free workers.