1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] G-Major 162 - Mansa, Warlord, Any Victory - Deadline March 2nd 2019

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by Noble Zarkon, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Civ IV Emperor EQM Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we like to run time-definite competitions between updates that we call Gauntlets. Standard Hall of Fame rules still apply, but any games meeting the settings will be counted towards the Gauntlet.

Settings:
    • Victory Condition: Any
    • Difficulty: Warlord
    • Starting Era: Ancient
    • Map Size: Standard
    • Speed: Marathon
    • Map Type: Big and Small
    • Civ: Mali (Mansa Musa)
    • Opponents: Must include England (Victoria), France (De Gaulle), India (Gandhi), Ottoman (Suleiman), Portugal (Joao), Spain (Isabella)
    • Version: 3.19.005
    • Date: 6th December 2018 to 2nd March 2019
    Must not play as Inca.
    The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

2. AutomatedTeller

AutomatedTeller Frequent poster

Is there a reason to think that anything but conquest could win this? Or is this scored differently for different win conditions?

3. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

I don't think so... I went for a chariot rush myself and stopped teching after HBR. I felt 2 move units would be an advantage but all AIs but 2 had only warriors guarding their cities... :deadhorse:(not used to warlord level tbh)

I might give this another shot if someone else is playing (skirmishers conquest?)

Cheers,
    Ras

lymond likes this.