[BTS] G-Major 165 - Egypt, Prince, Time - Deadline October 28th 2019

The top Time Score in the HOF for Prince / Small is currently 16,476, the scores for the levels below that are all at least 6k better and I have a score of 40k at Warlord / Small. I expect the current record to be smashed by this gauntlet!
I've submitted my game, final score was 44,538.

If you misclick and accidentally choose to host an election for the Religion Leader or the UN Leader, and you control the Apostolic Palace or the United Nations, is there a way for you to abstain from the vote or will you be forced to choose a Diplomatic Victory (or a Diplomatic Loss)?
If you use the tactic of leaving one tiny, isolated AI you will always have enough population to vote yourself the winner and so the vote will never come up!

So my map was a bit of a dud with only 67 Sushi resources.
Spoiler :

Pumping the map up to 76% dom limit (or is it 78%?) is indeed possible while leaving only 1AI alive with 1 city.
Put De Gaulle on the mainland.
Give him 3 island cities located on the same island with no connecting roads and privateers blockading all trade routes.
  • (AI's won't found a colony if at war and they have a city on the same landmass as the civ they are at war with)
  • (AI's also won't found a colony if there are 17AI alive or if vassals are turned off)
  • (Math dictating if the AI will form a colony is mentioned by WT here)
WastinTime -

Confirmed and tested. it is 3 cities.
AI creating vassals:

The important number is colonyMaint.
Spoiler :
colonyMaint = numcities on continent * ((numcities on continent-1) * modifier) ^2

If you use all size 1 cities, modifier is simply 0.45 for standard

ColonyMaint is:
2.43 for 3 cities

All you have to do to get the AI to make a colony is have those cities: gold + hammers + science < 3* colonyMaint.

- It's best not to use a FIN civ.
- We should be in cease fire. But I think the rule is just: Don't threaten the cities.

So total gold+hammers+science has to be < 7.29

Tricks: one way to keep under the 7.29 is to blockade the cities with Privateers and/or destroy roads so they don't have any trade rts. Since we won't have privateers, we should try cut roads. We can also block trade to the mainland with our culture if we have closed borders.

#1 trick: Forget all that. Just give them 3 cities in revolt.
Originally, I think the math for an AI to form a colony was 1st point out by Tachywaxon in 2012. :hmm:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...in-game-mechanics.464503/page-5#post-12007964

When he founds a colony, gift DeGaulle 2 cities and the new colony 1 city on the mainland.
DoW, capture DeGaulle's 2 cities (to make him talk ceasefire after 1 turn), the 3 cities that formed the colony, and leave the 1 colony city on the mainland alive.
Ceasefire with DeGaulle the next turn, gift him the same 3 island cities, and rinse and repeat as he founds a new colony every 2 turns.

Eventually, DeGaulle will have 1 city on the mainland and 16 single-city vassals on the mainland.
This will max out the Dom limit.
Then capture all but DeGaulle and put him in 1 desert city on the mainland.
Now the Dom. limit is maxed out and the AI's only have 1 single city on the whole map. :)

I tried testing this without BUFFY, but unmodded civ does not seem able to manipulate the domination limit with colonies?

The strategy I eventually settled on was to take the main continent as fast as possible and tech as fast as possible with only 3 golden ages.
Great Engineer would found Mining Inc. and Sushi in the same city, with Cereal Mills in a different city.
Every city would get Cereal Mills and Mining Inc. as soon as possible, and I'd try to settle every island while gradually giving up land on the main continent to the final AI.
Eventually, at the right time, I'd pillage all the Sushi resources at the same time (leaving 4 rice) and start replacing Cereal Mills with Sushi.
Then starve down all the cities to 4 pop, settle all the sushi resources at the same time, and start whipping missionaries from 4pop->2pop every other turn until a huge stockpile of food was built up.
Then according to a spreadsheet, let all the cities grow to max pop on Turn 500, while over 100 cities are 2 turns away from Legendary culture.
Just saying it makes me sweat.

All other Great People get settled in the Oxford city and every city gets a Temple with +2:hammers:, +2:gold:, and +2:science:.
Same with other buildings that give a research boost over 500 turns.

The mainland cities would get no sushi and try to stay at max size at all times to keep trade routes big and max research going.
5 island cities would not be whipped and instead grow to max size naturally for huge trade routes with the mainland.
I think that would strike the best balance between teching as fast as possible and getting the most population.
Libraries and Universities should be built after 1050AD when settling more than a few islands to avoid the culture doubling.

Anyway, unless I can do 300 turns today, I'm too late.
Maybe in the future when I have a lot of spare time, I'll try this on Deity on a great map and try and set the all-time Time score record, but giant score takes a lot of time.
Congrats on winning G-Major 165 Noble Zarkon. :D

Last edited:
Anyway, unless I can do 300 turns today, I'm too late.
Maybe in the future when I have a lot of spare time, I'll try this on Deity on a great map and try and set the all-time Time score record, but giant score takes a lot of time.
Congrats on winning G-Major 165 Noble Zarkon.
I could extend a couple of days if needed but 300 turns is a lot!!

Eventually, DeGaulle will have 1 city on the mainland and 16 single-city vassals on the mainland.
This will max out the Dom limit.
Then capture all but DeGaulle and put him in 1 desert city on the mainland.
Now the Dom. limit is maxed out and the AI's only have 1 single city on the whole map. :)
I think this will "only" move the Domination Limit to 74%, @WastinTime 's trick was to kill DeGaulle and leave a 1 City "Colony" AI alive thus pushing the limit to 76%!

Top Bottom