[BTS] G-Major 174 - Babylon, Monarch, Conquest - Deadline December 29th 2020

Noble Zarkon

Elite Quattromaster - Immortal (BTS)
Super Moderator
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter

While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we like to run time-definite competitions between updates that we call Gauntlets. Standard Hall of Fame rules still apply, but any games meeting the settings will be counted towards the Gauntlet.

Settings:
  • Victory Condition: Conquest (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: Monarch
  • Starting Era: Ancient
  • Map Size: Standard
  • Speed: Normal
  • Map Type: Pangaea
  • Required: No Tribal Villages, No Random Events
  • Civ: Babylon (Hammurabi)
  • Opponents: Must include America (Lincoln), Celt (Brennus), Egypt (Hatshepsut), France (De Gaulle), Greece (Pericles), India (Gandhi)
  • Version: 3.19.005
  • Date: 31st October to 29th December 2020
Must not play as Inca.
The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

I have just submitted a 250 BC finish. My last HoF submission was in 2013 so I hope it gets accepted! :)

Rolled maps with high sea level, no barbs and 1 additional opponent (Asoka). After several tries I found a map with a lot of relatively close AIs (5) with lots of opportunity for worker stealing, though the capital was a bit poor on food having only hill pigs and 2 FP.

Beelined HBR (2000BC) and settled a 2nd city to grab horses. Attacked in 1840BC and captured Paris in 1640BC. After HBR I beelined Monarchy to Oracle Feudalism, only managed to vassal Lincoln so not sure this is worth it. Kept my HA stack together until the last 2 AIs. In hindsight I should have made several armies as I was facing little resistance of metal units (only killed 6 axes and 4 spears).

A sub 100 turn victory is very feasible with a high food + double gold / gem start together with more ambitious troops deployment.

Last edited:
I am sorry for the mix-up. I have the start file. Shall I upload it here or make a new submission on the HOF site?

Thank you very much.

Attachments

• Ham_Mon_Sta_Pan_Nor_Anc_4000-BC_Tem_Hig_Nov-13-2020_13-17-22_432_14.CivBeyondSwordSave
    33 KB · Views: 50
fixed and accepted :)

odd you have a different handle over in the HOF

Back in the days, when I was young and irresponsible, I switched usernames regularly. Seems rather silly now :rolleyes:

Top Bottom